Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: oil change

oil change
    Really good information. This is a little more work than the gallardo but not really too much. The underpanels are more work but they also smooth out the cars aero so this trade off is worth it.

Yes, but doesn't it depend on what order you do these in? I mean if you started with #8, would #1 and #2 be less amounts? Only way to know for sure would be to open all 8 at once.

Anyone figure out how to reset the service reminder? Doing my oil change myself in a few weeks. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
    Anyone figure out how to reset the service reminder? Doing my oil change myself in a few weeks. Thanks!
    I don’t think you can actually to be honest with you. Maybe a vagcom can assist.

You can do it via vag com
    Follow this procedure

Prerequisites:
    - Time and Date on the vehicle display need to be correct
    - Service Reminder on vehicle is active

This is a two step process, follow both steps below:
    ----------------------------------------------------

1)
    [Select]
    [17 - Instruments]
    [Adaptation - 10]
    Enter channel 02
    [Read]
    The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.
    Enter the "New" value of [1] (one)
    [Test]
    [Save]

--> Turn the ignition [Off], wait 10 seconds, ignition [On]

2)
    .. Now do this:
    ----------------
    [Select]
    [17 - Instruments]
    [Adaptation - 10]
    Enter channel 02
    [Read]
    The "Stored Value" is the current value for that channel.
    Enter the "New" value of [0] (zero)

--> Turn the ignition [Off], close all doors, lock the vehicle for 1 minute (60 seconds), open the drivers door, ignition [On] and verify the SRI (Service Reminder) is now [off]

Thank you!

I’ve changed the oil on my Huracan thanks to your post.
    How did you get the oil filter element out of the housing without breaking anything? It is a bitch! I had to buy a new housing last time.

Oil filter element removal

Quote Originally Posted by AZLambo View Post
    I’ve changed the oil on my Huracan thanks to your post.
    How did you get the oil filter element out of the housing without breaking anything? It is a bitch! I had to buy a new housing last time.
    It was a butch to remove but essentially you have to pull em Apar.... I had my son pull on the element while I held on to the housing ...

On the new filter...I cut 2 of the 6 tabs off so that it would be easier to remove it next time...

Great posting.... just did my first oil change at 5800 milea....wanted to do it at 3000 but...
    Anyway.... Luke your posting said.... drain 1 2 4 5 & 8 are the only ones you need to drain..... it drains 90+ % of the oil.... you don't need to remove any of the under trays either....as these 4 are in plain view.... my next oil change will take 30 min....not 3 hes....I marked the drains bolts with a sharpie..... next time I'll etch it....
    I put in 8 qts of oil.... I'm above the line on dip stick but being a sump system....it should not matter.... I can't believe dealer charges 800$ for oil change.... cost $120 in parts....

Btw.... when motor is cold...sat for a few days....does the cold oil level on the dipstick have any relevance??
    Last edited by jjrho; 12-28-2018 at 12:08 AM. Reason: Typos

Quote Originally Posted by jjrho View Post
    Great posting.... just did my first oil change at 5800 milea....wanted to do it at 3000 but...
    Anyway.... Luke your posting said.... drain 1 2 4 5 & 8 are the only ones you need to drain..... it drains 90+ % of the oil.... you don't need to remove any of the under trays either....as these 4 are in plain view.... my next oil change will take 30 min....not 3 hes....I marked the drains bolts with a sharpie..... next time I'll etch it....
    I put in 8 qts of oil.... I'm above the line on dip stick but being a sump system....it should not matter.... I can't believe dealer charges 800$ for oil change.... cost $120 in parts....

Btw.... when motor is cold...sat for a few days....does the cold oil level on the dipstick have any relevance??
    You can use the dipstick when cold to get an idea but the book says to only check it when it’s warmed up.

I just used a vacuum pump and got about 5.5 liters through the oil cap only so that was kind of interesting. You can change the oil filter and pump out more than half the oil without going under the car.