My Huracan isn't good at math

My Huracan isn't good at math
    What's wrong with this picture???

My Huracan isn't good at math-underinflated-jpg

Maybe ok on math but definitely needs the use Webster dictionary for the error message.
    2015 GT3
    2014 CLA45 AMG
    2014 GT-R

It's just a glitche.

Mine did that 2 times and there was nothing wrong with tire pressure or tire.

Seems like another software bug to me. It incorrectly flags the over-inflated (2.8 bar) tire as being under-inflated.

when a tire is low you have reset it in the mmi. kinda dumb that it doesn't read it on its own and auto reset

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

I think I figured out what happened.

I unwittingly assumed that since the left front was almost 40psi and the rest of the tires were around 30 psi that the MMI had screwed up, and misidentified the situation. A tire at 40psi is definitely not under-inflated. Hence my comment about not being good at math.

What I forgot is that the "Under-inflated" warning is due to the actual pressure in a tire being less than the stored value for that tire in the MMI. It has nothing to do with common sense or the pressures in the other tires. It's not obvious what that stored value is - and there's no way to display it on the MMI.

In this case, the stored value for the left front got changed somehow - to something greater than 40 psi. And in the tiny silicon mind of the MMI, the under-inflated message was correct. If the stored value for the left front was 50 psi, for example, 40 psi would definitely be "under-inflated".

I corrected the inflation issue and re-stored the values in the MMI.

All is well.

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    I think I figured out what happened.

I unwittingly assumed that since the left front was almost 40psi and the rest of the tires were around 30 psi that the MMI had screwed up, and misidentified the situation. A tire at 40psi is definitely not under-inflated. Hence my comment about not being good at math.

What I forgot is that the "Under-inflated" warning is due to the actual pressure in a tire being less than the stored value for that tire in the MMI. It has nothing to do with common sense or the pressures in the other tires. It's not obvious what that stored value is - and there's no way to display it on the MMI.

In this case, the stored value for the left front got changed somehow - to something greater than 40 psi. And in the tiny silicon mind of the MMI, the under-inflated message was correct. If the stored value for the left front was 50 psi, for example, 40 psi would definitely be "under-inflated".

I corrected the inflation issue and re-stored the values in the MMI.

All is well.
    Interesting. I guess you can say now that you teached math to your HuracanMy Huracan isn't good at math