Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Oil Icon appearing on Vehicle Status Screen

Oil Icon appearing on Vehicle Status Screen
    All, Proud owner of 2015 Huracan (Grigio Lynx). When I scrolled on the vehicle status screen (which allows one to navigate vehicle status functions) I noticed a small oil can icon appearing above the engine. I assumed this was a warning that engine oil needed topping off or was low. I checked the vehicle strictly as recommended by Lamborghini (vehicle driven to temperature, allowed to then idle and checked oil level two minutes after shut down). I securely locked in place the oil stick and checked the oil level three times following that procedure. Each time the oil level was in the "do not fill" zone. The small "oilcan" icon continued to appear. The Huracan has 1,750 total miles. Any insights or comments would be most appreciated! BTW, Just trucked my gray darling to South Carolina and pleased to connect with anyone in the area. TL

That sign can also mean low oil pressure. Start the engine and watch the oil pressure gauge, it does build any pressure?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the reply! Oil pressure is fine. Still do not know what to think??

Quote Originally Posted by TL Huracan WI View Post
    Thank you for the reply! Oil pressure is fine. Still do not know what to think??
    Thats actually good news! If oil pressure wasn't building it would have been a mechanical problem, hard to fix.
    In this case since the oil level is okay and you still get this warning, it must be a faulty sensor. Time for a trip to dealer.

Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful information. Will follow up and if I learn anything that may be helpful I will post it.

Thank you for taking the time to provide helpful information. Will follow up and if I learn anything that may be helpful I will post it.
    Please doOil Icon appearing on Vehicle Status Screen

They all show that icon... on the vehicle status screen.

I checked 4 cars, they all have that oil can icon above the engine.

Sal, Do you have any insight as to why the icon is shown. Does not make sense to me.

There are 2 oil warning lights, one for pressure, one for low oil. The Gallardo only had a pressure light, Im glad they added low oil to the H. Both the Gallardo and Huracan burn oil. Im nearing 8k miles on the H and have had the low oil warning light come on twice (it says low oil, pull vehicle over and check). Both times I added 1/2 quart after checking via the standard operating procedure, which is not as straight forward as you would think, if you have not checked oil on a G or H before I am getting an oil change soon, I prob could have added a full quart the first time and not had the second occurrence.

PS - its kind of a pain in that you have to remove the engine cover to add oil...G was easier access.

Sal, Do you have any insight as to why the icon is shown. Does not make sense to me.

Doesn't make sense to me either. Have no clue why it displays that way. It's kinda of confusing.

Nevertheless, that is the way it displays no matter what the oil level is..