Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oil Icon appearing on Vehicle Status Screen
    The day after I got my car back from it's first (9000mi) service I got a low oil level warning. This was after my dealer changed the oil and presumably added to correct amount. The dipstick showed the oil was within the limits, but I added about a half quart to bring it up near the top of the range. Warning went away and has not returned.

The oil level sensor (on my car at least) is very sensitive to oil level and likes to see it near the max level to be happy.

FFS it's an graphic not a status indicator!! On Vehicle Setting screen there's a image of car with the door missing, doesn't mean the door really is missing.

it can be a little tricky to check. make sure that the car has reached operating temp when you check the oil!

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

Hi and Thanks to all who responded - it is gratifying to know there are so many Lambo owners who are willing to help and who also have a sense of humor (Cactus)! And I agree why require removal of a metal plate just to check oil - another Italian mystery...

I am so happy to see this thread and I am a proud owner of the 2015 H white.

Today my H, 6000 miles, low oil signal suddenly light up. I read the manual and it recommended the Castrol SLX long life III. Where can you buy it? What other substitute do you recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post

Today my H, 6000 miles, low oil signal suddenly light up. I read the manual and it recommended the Castrol SLX long life III. Where can you buy it? What other substitute do you recommend?
    Not sure where are you located/stucked right now. Anyway, I recommend Turkey Hill chain for oil replacement.
    Mention my name and you'll get free coffee too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wing View Post

Castrol SLX Long Life III is no longer available. It has been replaced with Castrol Edge Professional LL03. You can find it on Amazon.

Total Quartz INEO Long Life is also and acceptable and VW approved substitute.

Eni i-Sint 5W-30 is another choice

Bottom line is that the oil must meet VW 504.00 specifications. Not too many brands you will find at you local auto parts store meet this specification. One you may find on the shelf is Mobil 1 ESP formula 5W-30.