Thread: Unusual Sounds

Unusual Sounds

Unusual Sounds
    The other when I was driving I noticed a whistling sound coming from the front end but it would go in and out but only would happen between 63-66mph. I also had the storage upfront loaded. The road was perfect so it wasn't road noise. Also whenever I turn sharply at low speed it feels like the car is jumping around up front. The steering jerks back and forth. I thought it was because of the 4 wheel drive system but it still happens when i'm in cross which apparently puts all the power to the rear wheels 100%
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Corsa+low speed makes no diff... AWD baby. Have you never owned a AWD or 4WD before?

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Corsa+low speed makes no diff... AWD baby. Have you never owned a AWD or 4WD before?
    Yes, never had anything like this before though
    1954 Corvette

I suspect that you are hearing gear whine from the front diff. While driving at a constant speed (neutral throttle), back off the throttle very slightly and see if the noise goes away momentarily.

Regarding your second concern, it's the front end steering geometry. The front tires will scrub sideways in tight turns - combine this with low-profile tires with lots of grip and the tires will hop. I saw the same thing with my Gallardo, yet when I put my snow tires on for the winter the problem completely goes away (the winter tires have a more compliant tread and will slide rather than hop).

Quote Originally Posted by doltmo View Post
    I suspect that you are hearing gear whine from the front diff. While driving at a constant speed (neutral throttle), back off the throttle very slightly and see if the noise goes away momentarily.

Regarding your second concern, it's the front end steering geometry. The front tires will scrub sideways in tight turns - combine this with low-profile tires with lots of grip and the tires will hop. I saw the same thing with my Gallardo, yet when I put my snow tires on for the winter the problem completely goes away (the winter tires have a more compliant tread and will slide rather than hop).
    Thank you very much. Explains so much
    1954 Corvette

i had this before with the 2nd issue on my previous R8 (OEM WAS CONTI, CHANGED TO AD08R). changed different tyres and it was gone..i suspect can be tyre thread pattern...