GMG Racing: The First Huracan Equipped with BBS FI-R wheels

GMG Racing: The First Huracan Equipped with BBS FI-R wheels
    GMG Racing: The First Lamborghini Huracan Equipped with BBS FI-R wheels

We have been fortunate to have a close working relationship with BBS and BBS Motorsports for the past several years. We have installed countless BBS wheels onto road and race cars in our Orange County facility.

We have been a fan of the BBS FI-R design since its inception nearly two years ago. The scalloped spokes, the trademark lightening holes, and beautiful design made it an instant classic. Very recently BBS unveiled FI-R wheel fitments for the Lamborghini Huracan, and we instantly knew we had to have them. Now, GMG Racing is proud to present the first BBS FI-R equipped Lamborghini Huracan in North America.

Install and Inspection

This rather menacing Huracan LP 610-4 was hoisted up on one of our lifts and we began by taking off the oem wheels.

The new wheels were put on display while the stock tires were removed from the original wheels.

Design

Below are an assortment of detail-specific pictures. The precise removal of material along each spoke evokes an image of a high-performance connecting rod. The intention to remove as much mass as possible while still retaining the wheel’s strength is clear. The obsessive development team at BBS spent a considerable amount of time analyzing FEA data to see what was possible. However, you can also see that the design aesthetic is not hindered by engineering prowess. The design is, in fact, enhanced by the engineering. This wheel is a great case study for form equaling function.

Wheel Weight

I was eager to see what the weight difference between the original wheels and the new BBS FI-R wheels. The original Huracan wheels are by no means egregiously heavy, however the FI-R’s were still noticeably lighter.

Wheel Weight Results

Stock Lamborghini Wheel Weights: Front #22.2, Rear #25.6
    BBS FI-R Wheel Weights: Front #18.0, Rear #20.2

This means that 19.2 pounds of rotating mass were shed by installing the BBS FI-R wheels. Roughly speaking, this will have the same effect as removing 31 pounds of dead weight from the car. (Here is a great link for a more in depth look at rotational inertia. The Effects of Rotational Inertia on Automotive Acceleration )

Lastly, to save a couple more pounds we installed this beautiful set of titanium lug bolts from World Motorsport.

Installed pictures

After all four tires were swapped on and balanced, it was time to gingerly put this angry bull back down on the ground.

If you would like to learn more about the BBS FI-R for your Huracan, please email or give me a call. We completed all of the work shown above in our expansive Orange County facility. We have raced in the Lamborghini Super Trofeo Series very successfully and have worked extensively with road-going Huracans.

-Andrew Adams
    a.adams@gmgracing.com
    Last edited by GMG; 07-06-2016 at 12:08 AM.

It looks great, Andrew! So light too.
    The car only needs to be dropped and its perfect GMG Racing: The First Huracan Equipped with BBS FI-R wheels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tend to agree! A little drop would be nice finishing touch.

They look very nice.
    2018 Huracan Performante arancio borealis, HRE P101
    2018 991.2 GT3 Sapphire blue metallic IPE Titanium Exhaust, HRE R101LW
    2015 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe - HRE P204
    2016 Mercedes S550 Coupe - Matte white

Amazing setup - probably one of a few wheels I would consider to replace on my Huracan when the time comes!

I would want a darker gun-metal color instead of the silver. Does it come in black or darker gun-metal?

PM me a price for a set please in 20's.

thanks

Nice looking wheels.
    Black wheels are losing their appeal with automotive stylists.

Beautiful wheels!

Very nice .
    Can you please PM price detail.

Very nice .
    Can you please PM price detail.