Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Possibly the most capable Huracan in the world ...

Possibly the most capable Huracan in the world ...

We'll keep this short and sweet,
    and then leave the doors wide open for questions & comments ...

The first 8 of 10 VF Engineering Hypercharger Systems began shipping
    in March, and two more will ship from our Anaheim, California facility this week.

This is our most powerful supercharger system to date, dubbed the "Hypercharger"
    for it's ability to generate true hypercar performance while maintaining all the
    creature comforts, such as fully active ALA functionality, that makes the
    Performante one of the most capable supercars in the world; Only now
    with as much a 9XX flywheel horsepower!

The second production run of systems 11-20 are being completed as I'm
    typing these words. With 3 of those pre-sold, we have 7 systems that
    will be available to ship just in time to for the Spring driving season.

So who's next?!?!

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

Excuse my ignorance, but why would this car be more capable than a TT performante that is several hundred HP faster on the same regular gas and the same ALA oem system?

I’m sure it’s a nice system but I’d love to hear the selling points specifically when one of these new owners will inevitable think about this decision.

Vehicle virgins guy is very irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambofan35 View Post
    Excuse my ignorance, but why would this car be more capable than a TT performante that is several hundred HP faster on the same regular gas and the same ALA oem system?

I’m sure it’s a nice system but I’d love to hear the selling points specifically when one of these new owners will inevitable think about this decision.

There is a point of diminishing returns when it comes to power,
    unless you're sole purpose is to go fast in a straight line, therefore
    it's less about the total amount of power that's increased, and more
    so about the way we're increasing it.

With the supercharger you have instant lag free power that is delivered
    in a very linear and predictable fashion, just as delivered from the factory.
    This is absolutely an advantage check marks the "capability" box when
    it comes to overall performance; on the street and especially when running
    around the track.

Also, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but on the twin-turbo
    setups we've seen it looks as if the ALA for the rear wing is eliminated
    due to the placement of the inter-coolers.

Playing devils advocate, because we have a great deal of respect for Kevin
    and his crew at UGR, this is purely a conversation about the differences we
    see in the systems and not a discussion about which is "better/worse",... as
    that is ultimately decided by the customer and what they are looking to
    accomplish.

That being said, we prefer to tune within the constraints of the factory ECU
    and maintain all of the creature comforts and driver assistance that it can
    provide, which means in an apples to apples comparison, power levels when
    tuned with the factory ECU's are going to be very comparable.

So for those customers who are not looking for four-digit horsepower figures,
    there are (arguably) quite a few advantages to the Supercharger worth
    considering, not limited to cost / maintenance / power delivery / and
    overall capability.

Last edited by VF-Engineering; 05-02-2018 at 05:57 PM.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

Quote Originally Posted by VF-Engineering View Post

Also, and feel free to correct me if I am wrong, but on the twin-turbo
    setups we've seen it looks as if the ALA for the rear wing is eliminated
    due to the placement of the inter-coolers.

I normally will not post in another companies thread but I need to clear some of this up. The ALA with our Turbo system is (fully intact), we don't eliminate anything from the ALA system. On the promo picture, the intake ducts are removed to show the inter-coolers but they go back on unmodified. Depending on the stage of the build, we also "tune within the constraints of the factory ECU and maintain all of the creature comforts and driver assistance". Our stage 1 through stage 3+ builds are OBD2 compliant. The Underground Racing TT street builds are VERY reliable and dependable as well. Our TT system comes with a 2 year 24,000 mile warranty.

It seems you are stating the TT build are only good for straight line racing? Some of our TT customer race on the road course with our setups. As far as lag, I would love to setup something showing how there is really no comparison between the UR TT and Supercharged setup in everyday driving/racing. Lets be honest, 99% of the racing that our customers (TT or SC) do are from a roll on the highway. Esp from a roll, however you want try to explain how lag works, with an even start, the SC car will immediately see the taillights of a UR TT Huracan. In drag racing it would be a bad day for any SC setup to race a Stage 1 UR TT setup.

PS. your promo video guy is putting out false information. One of his false statements is about how long it takes to have an Underground Racing TT build completed.

Hope this clears up some of this incorrect information floating around out there, thanks.
    www.UndergroundRacing.com
    Home of the Worlds fastest Gallardo's
    - Standing Mile 263 mph @ 21 sec
    - Standing 1/2 mile Huracan = 257 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile Gallardo = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile R8 = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile DCT Huracan = 233 mph
    - 8 time KING OF THE STREETS champ!

- 1/4 = 7.8 @ 187 DCT Huracan
    - 1/4 = 8.3 @ 183 egear Gallardo
    - 60-130 2 sec range

Quote Originally Posted by flyby_91 View Post
    Vehicle virgins guy is very irritating.
    Very, and he puts out lies. I emailed him and let him know what information he put out that was incorrect and asked him nicely to remove or edit his video (SC promo video). He claimed he would and never did. Pretty shitty of the guy to pull that. Guess he got a very discounted rate on the SC I hear?
    www.UndergroundRacing.com
    Home of the Worlds fastest Gallardo's
    - Standing Mile 263 mph @ 21 sec
    - Standing 1/2 mile Huracan = 257 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile Gallardo = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile R8 = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile DCT Huracan = 233 mph
    - 8 time KING OF THE STREETS champ!

- 1/4 = 7.8 @ 187 DCT Huracan
    - 1/4 = 8.3 @ 183 egear Gallardo
    - 60-130 2 sec range

Quote Originally Posted by Underground Racing View Post
    I normally will not post in another companies thread but I need to clear some of this up. The ALA with our Turbo system is (fully intact), we don't eliminate anything from the ALA system. On the promo picture, the intake ducts are removed to show the inter-coolers but they go back on unmodified.

There's no harm / no foul in replying to a thread where your brand
    was mentioned. We welcome the friendly banter, and we did explicitly
    state "correct me if I am wrong" for that exact reason! ... :thumbsup:

I'm sure you can easily see where the confusion came from when you
    look at the photos shared on your website and in your marketing content.

It seems you are stating the TT build are only good for straight line racing? Some of our TT customer race on the road course with our setups. As far as lag, I would love to setup something showing how there is really no comparison between the UR TT and Supercharged setup in everyday driving/racing. Lets be honest, 99% of the racing that our customers (TT or SC) do are from a roll on the highway. Esp from a roll, however you want try to explain how lag works, with an even start, the SC car will immediately see the taillights of a UR TT Huracan. In drag racing it would be a bad day for any SC setup to race a Stage 1 UR TT setup.

That was not the intention of our statement at all.

The point we were making is that "peak power" is not the sole
    indicator of performance. You should know as well as anyone
    that the quest for 4-digit horsepower comes with compromise.

Those compromises are not necessarily going to be a negative
    attribute in every case, but expectations will need to be set
    accordingly as there is a point of diminishing returns if your
    primary focus is versatility and reliability.

PS. your promo video guy is putting out false information. One of his false statements is about how long it takes to have an Underground Racing TT build completed.

Hope this clears up some of this incorrect information floating around out there, thanks.

I'm not sure which video/quote from Parker (Vehicle Virgins) you're
    referring to, but anything he has posted is done so completely
    independently, and based on his own personal opinions and
    experiences.

The video we shared in the first post is his own independent review
    and not a VF Engineering promo video. This is no different than when
    he reviews an Alpha Romeo or a Jeep Rubicon, our when our products
    are reviewed by The Smoking Tire, Supercars of London, or Motor Trend.

For the last 10 years we've made it a point to let the product speak for
    itself through real world reviews whether it be by paying customers or
    the automotive media. This level of integrity ensures that the customer
    experience meets or exceeds their expectations, and our track record
    proves that.

OFF Topic:
    Speaking of which, (Motor Trend) did the official 0-60 and 1/4 mile testing
    of the same Huracan Performante yesterday, and we should be able to
    share the official results very soon.

I think people will be pleasantly surprised to see the results in a
    controlled environment, and under the same conditions as they
    test everything from a Dodge pick-up truck to the McLaren P1.

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    Proudly Made in the USA.

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    Proudly Made in the USA.

"You should know as well as anyone that the quest for 4-digit horsepower comes with compromise"

By all means please outline the compromises. My UR car has 4-digit horsepower and I can assure you there have been no compromises. Good grief, she is a Stage 3 beast and retains all the functionalities that were there when she was stock. Other than now obtaining true (not hyped) "hyperspeed" performance, the only downside with the UR build falls on the ears of my neighbors and those along the road looking up to see what the heck is coming their way. The sound is so intoxicating, many times more than the OEM Race Exhaust that was previously on the car.

Whether I take a hit from a standstill or roll, the power is there once the pedal is engaged. The 0-60's are indeed "hyperspeed" for a street car and I can count the time it takes on one hand to obtain a 100mph gain from the rolling start speed. Many of us recently watched a video of a car driven by a female on a dry lake bed doing her best to hit 200mph. I myself almost feel asleep because it took so long and in the end, with all H's owners knowing the faster you go, the speedometer indicates higher speeds than you're actually going so her 200mph was more or less in the high 180's, if even that. Wrong I may be, but it was advertised as a SC car. My car before the UR build went down the runway at Texas Invitational last fall with my speedometer showing 149 as the top speed. I roll around, pick up my official time slip and the car had only gone 138.2. Bummer, right! Oh I can say this, not sure what UR did but my speedometer is now calibrated correctly as it matches speeds indicated on my VBox, no matter how fast the car is going.

Now let's talk about this. The great thing about how UR setup my car is that she has four settings. While driving, I don't have to run around with all that four digit HP at the wheels, I can turn her down, though I rarely do. The only time I turn her down is when I am "tracking" the car on the long windy (curvy) hilly roads out here in West Texas or the Hill Country. The roads are mainly chip & seal surfaces which aren't always sustainable for coming out of a curve at 1100+ HP so I just turn her down to her lowest setting which is perfect. I can come out of a curve into a straightaway and gain 50MPH more or less before prepping for the next curve, it's great! I am not sure if the SC systems provides the ability to control HP but I myself do enjoy the ability to do so and adapt to the driving conditions the roads ahead of me layout. All in all huge advantage.

Turbo or SC. All in all it depends on what the driver wants and what their budget will allow. I can say this with first hand experience. Whether I'm challenged by a car while sitting at a light or one that rolls up on me, the car is a two-staged beast. She has the power from both a dig and roll to spank the car next to her. Instant power, yes sir, the UR car's deliver instant power and with the ability to control your HP settings, the UR cars are able to adapt to the road conditions that may come your way. Another important aspect is that anytime I am not satisfied with my HP settings, UR, all the way from North Carolina and tap into my car and adjust he HP settings to my liking.

You have a good product and good platform for the SC enthusiasts. From a marketing standpoint, don't become so biased as to overlook any advantages a competitors platform may have, rather improve your platform to outperform your competitors product rather than "hyperup" videos/articles in an attempt to do so.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

By "compromise", I would think they are simply referring to the turbo lag, which for me, is enough to give me pause as to which way to go.

Since I don't plan on any Mojave mile's, Salt flat records, or the likes of...street driving performance is by far, what's most critical to me.

That said, blowers are more attractive to me than turbo's, and I have (and have had) plenty of both to be able to discern the difference between the two.

No doubt, the TT setup gets more power to the ground and gets you faster times over distance, but the lack of instantaneous throttle response, can be a deterrent for me. I'm not saying it is 100%, but can be.

Having a Performante, which is already uber-quick, and sporting instantaneous throttle response, makes me want to go to a TT, less-so than a blower car, which no doubt will never be as quick as a TT, but will give me more of what I want than the TT.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion as to what they think they need...but this happens to be mine, and my interpretation as to what VF meant in that post. YMMV
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black