Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Possibly the most capable Huracan in the world ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    By "compromise", I would think they are simply referring to the turbo lag, which for me, is enough to give me pause as to which way to go.

Since I don't plan on any Mojave mile's, Salt flat records, or the likes of...street driving performance is by far, what's most critical to me.

That said, blowers are more attractive to me than turbo's, and I have (and have had) plenty of both to be able to discern the difference between the two.

No doubt, the TT setup gets more power to the ground and gets you faster times over distance, but the lack of instantaneous throttle response, can be a deterrent for me. I'm not saying it is 100%, but can be.

Having a Performante, which is already uber-quick, and sporting instantaneous throttle response, makes me want to go to a TT, less-so than a blower car, which no doubt will never be as quick as a TT, but will give me more of what I want than the TT.

Of course, everyone has their own opinion as to what they think they need...but this happens to be mine, and my interpretation as to what VF meant in that post. YMMV
    I hear what you're saying but this isn't about opinion, it's about facts. I would bet a nickle on my lowest setting, which is less than what VF puts out, my car would walk away from that VF car at a dig and a roll. The power is instant, may not be with other turbo tuners but UR knows what they're doing. I guess all those words I wrote meant nothing.

You seriously think I am in this for records, etc.? I am in it for street driving performance only, I can assure you of that and the fact is, even with an UR TT bolt on, the car will outperform any VF car on the street.

Just acknowledge what this is really about.
    1. VF provides a cost effective solution for limited instantaneous power that some may otherwise not be able to afford.
    2. VF has developed a boxed kit that can be shipped to a qualified shop for install so no need to load up the car and ship it miles away.
    3. VF has developed a solution that's reversible which is good, but I for one would not buy a car that was SC then had the process reversed.

I'm not knocking what they're selling, I am only questioning the way they market their product such as the title of this thread. Absolutely misleading.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

This is getting interesting. Let’s see some vbox numbers from vf supercharged customer driven and then maybe some from a TT setup. Dig or just hit the gas. Why not do a 60-100mph if you want a short hit the gas test.

Quote Originally Posted by FC Corp View Post
    I hear what you're saying but this isn't about opinion, it's about facts. I would bet a nickle on my lowest setting, which is less than what VF puts out, my car would walk away from that VF car at a dig and a roll. The power is instant, may not be with other turbo tuners but UR knows what they're doing. I guess all those words I wrote meant nothing.

You seriously think I am in this for records, etc.? I am in it for street driving performance only, I can assure you of that and the fact is, even with an UR TT bolt on, the car will outperform any VF car on the street.

Just acknowledge what this is really about.
    1. VF provides a cost effective solution for limited instantaneous power that some may otherwise not be able to afford.
    2. VF has developed a boxed kit that can be shipped to a qualified shop for install so no need to load up the car and ship it miles away.
    3. VF has developed a solution that's reversible which is good, but I for one would not buy a car that was SC then had the process reversed.

I'm not knocking what they're selling, I am only questioning the way they market their product such as the title of this thread. Absolutely misleading.
    I guess you just didn't get it.

But FWIW, Turbo's, ALL OF THEM, have Turbo lag - the power is NOT instant and power delivery is not even close to N/A or S/C. That's not subject to interpretation either; it's a fact and anyone who knows anything about cars knows that.

The VF kit is not only about the enhanced power, but the fact that it drives and delivers power exactly the same way as the car does in stock trim.

VF is not about an affordable solution either.

And no one is disputing that your UGR is faster than a blower car either. With that kind of power, it had better be.

Nothing misleading about the title at all.

I can afford to go either way...it sure ain't about the money for me.

Enjoy your TT
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

I guess you just didn't get it.

But FWIW, Turbo's, ALL OF THEM, have Turbo lag - the power is NOT instant and power delivery is not even close to N/A or S/C. That's not subject to interpretation either; it's a fact and anyone who knows anything about cars knows that.

The VF kit is not only about the enhanced power, but the fact that it drives and delivers power exactly the same way as the car does in stock trim.

VF is not about an affordable solution either.

And no one is disputing that your UGR is faster than a blower car either. With that kind of power, it had better be.

Nothing misleading about the title at all.

I can afford to go either way...it sure ain't about the money for me.

Enjoy your TT
    No, you just don't get it.

You say with that kind of power it better be. I clearly stated I could turn my power DOWN to its lowest setting and at that point VF would have the HP advantage and the car would still walk the VF car.

Regardless, enjoy your car and your build, either way you will have tons of fun but when you get beat by grandma's caddy, don't come crying! (jk)...
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Have you driven a well engineered OEM turbocharged car in the last few years? Or more specifically since we're talking about exotics, how about a Mac 720? Hard for me to imagine that anyone who has driven one would claim a 720 has noticeable turbo lag. That is way too sweeping a statement to make without regard to the size of the engine involved, or the type of transmission, etc. Heck an S2000 is NA but drives like it has as much or more "turbo lag" than any turbocharged car I've ever driven, including a '76 911 Turbo Carrera. Why? Because it has a little bitty high-revving engine that makes no power or torque in the lower rev range. OTOH, a car like a 720 makes gobs of torque all across the rev range, and the gearing and transmission programming take full advantage of it. Advances in turbo and transmission technology (including DCT's and autos with 7-10 gears, etc.) have made turbo lag far less of an issue than it used to be, even with small engines, IMO. I would go so far as to say it is a non-issue on many of the OEM turbo cars now.

Now UR isn't an OEM, but they're also working with a fairly large engine to start with, as well as a modern DCT, both of which make it much easier to avoid any "lag" with a properly engineered system. As for comparing a TT Huracan to a supercharged one, I don't think "lag" is an issue, assuming both cars are in the right gear. And if they're not in the right gear, "lag" is going be an issue for either of them. Having supposedly "instantaneous" throttle response isn't a substitute for knowing how to drive (not directing that at you, just in general).

Anyway, I have nothing against blowers, and have had several, both OEM and aftermarket. I have also had several TT cars, again both OEM and aftermarket (including two TT Lambos). The only reasons I could come up with to go with a blower on a Lambo are cost, or if for some reason I planned to remove the system before selling the car. Which is fine. Those are important to some people and are valid reasons. But what rubs me the wrong way about VF is they push this line about how the TT cars are really only for big power and straight line racing/use, while their system is still very fast but more useful and driveable, or "capable" as they framed it here. IMO that is mostly false, as the vast majority of the cars UR builds are stage 3 or lower, and are never run on a runway or at an event. They work well out running around on the street, or carving corners on low speed twisty mountain roads. Is the power delivery of a blower car somewhat more linear? Probably. But the difference isn't significant IMO. OTOH, the difference in acceleration when the road straightens out is significant. Good luck with whichever system you choose; starting with an HP is a heck of a base to build on.

You know whats funny? Is that despite you may hear a turbo spooling before it hits its targeted boost, its still accelarating much faster than say a stock engine without the TT. Perceived "LAG" but its really not lower HP. If you ever look at a HUGE turbo Supra dyno, they have lots of lag under the curve until they hit the targeted boost at say 1000hp. Between 2000-and 4000rpm they are still pushing over 500hp to the wheels which is not slow by any means but the perceived "LAG" is apparent until full boost hits.

Forget the fact that these turbos dont take long to spool in the RPM range with a 5.2ltr motor...The supercharger sounds like it hits targeted boost relatively quickly to the human EAR but its still not hitting its maximum horsepower until later in the rpms on a high reving motor, just different than the spooling sound you hear from a turbo and you may think its slower in a turbo car but its not.

In fact, I own and drive a 2016 TTS - and that isn't my 1st Turbo car either. Have had many others before, and this one is better than most.

Every car/ truck I have today, is either blown or TT'd, so I have enough experience (and FI cars) to know which I like better. And it IS a matter of perference.

They all (Turbo) have some degree of lag, no matter what, and though OEM TT's use some very cool and refined tricks to make them lag less, they still exhibit some lag...faster or not.

I never said Turbo wasn't more efficient or faster than S/C in this car, but it's really only a limitation of the build. UGR builds very high HP Turbo cars. VFE builds lower HP supercharged cars. I built a 1300 HP S/C Z06 5 years ago...my preference. VFE could easily build an 1100+ HP blower car that would be as reliable as the UGR TT but, it'd have to be built by them, which means they would be selling less kits and charging more money, being an in-house build and clearly, that isn't their model. URG build engines, VFE doesn't do that.

I prefer S/C to TT. YMMV

Could care less if someone comes along with a TT that's faster - there's always someone bigger, faster and stronger...and I could care less.

I take my TTS to the track and some dude in a modded 1200 HP GTR will kick my ass from here to there...and I could give a crap.

And FC Corp, just between us, I seriously doubt I'd get walked by grandma's Caddy, even with the stock power HP, which is much faster than a stock H.

I've been there and done that, and had 4 digit HP, which I still have in one of my FGT's. Not saying your car won't walk a blown H or HP, just saying that my pref (because of lag) is the blower route. This ain't my 1st rodeo. That's all.

Money really isn't the deterrent for me...it's really just a simple matter of personal choice. I was in Kevin's Stage 3 plus HP a few months ago in Florida and no doubt, it's a fucking beast with little to no chance of anything beating it - period, but it's not necessarily what I am looking for. That said, I am still on the fence between the TT and the Blower...
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

All this lag talk is silly imo. If you take a stage 1 UR Huracan and run it VS any Supercharged Huracan, from a roll or a dead stop the TT will win easily. I'm not talking a mile or even a 1/2 mile. I'm talking about right at the hit from a roll. I can setup the stage 1 to blow the tires off at contact of wide open throttle.

So if you have both setups out for a fun Sunday drive and you have the supercharged car, are you thinking from 50 mph that the supercharged car will ever be out in front of a stage 1 UR TT build? It wont happen. I just so happen to have a new customer that has a VF Huracan that needs more power. He said it barely feels faster than stock. I will do a comparison video with Vboxes in view. I will get some 60-100 stats or whatever you guys want.
    www.UndergroundRacing.com
    Home of the Worlds fastest Gallardo's
    - Standing Mile 263 mph @ 21 sec
    - Standing 1/2 mile Huracan = 257 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile Gallardo = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile R8 = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile DCT Huracan = 233 mph
    - 8 time KING OF THE STREETS champ!

- 1/4 = 7.8 @ 187 DCT Huracan
    - 1/4 = 8.3 @ 183 egear Gallardo
    - 60-130 2 sec range

Quote Originally Posted by Underground Racing View Post
    All this lag talk is silly imo. If you take a stage 1 UR Huracan and run it VS any Supercharged Huracan, from a roll or a dead stop the TT will win easily. I'm not talking a mile or even a 1/2 mile. I'm talking about right at the hit from a roll. I can setup the stage 1 to blow the tires off at contact of wide open throttle.

So if you have both setups out for a fun Sunday drive and you have the supercharged car, are you thinking from 50 mph that the supercharged car will ever be out in front of a stage 1 UR TT build? It wont happen. I just so happen to have a new customer that has a VF Huracan that needs more power. He said it barely feels faster than stock. I will do a comparison video with Vboxes in view. I will get some 60-100 stats or whatever you guys want.

Motor Trend Magazine, one of the most discerning and trusted automotive
    publications in the world, tested our VF800 System @ 2.4 sec. 0-60 mph,
    and 10.0 seconds flat in the 1/4 mile.

This was w/ OEM tires, set at factory recommended tire pressures, and on
    regular tarmac (not a prepared drag surface); which is the same manner
    that they test every factory provided vehicle from a Toyota Camry or Tundra,
    to a Porsche Cayman or 918.

That hardly constitutes "barely faster than stock", and in fact is quicker
    than the McLaren P1 from 0-60mph, and matches the 1/4 mile of the
    Porsche 918.

And for the record, our Huracan Performante Hypercharger System betters
    ALL of those numbers, under the same testing procedures and conditions.

We also have dozens of customers who have independently tested with
    VBOX at 2.3 seconds, and who have run as quick as 175 in the 1/2 mile.

NOTE: 175 in the 1/2 mile is no record by any stretch of the imagination,
    but our supercharged cars cover that distance in less time than many turbo
    cars with 1,XXX+ horsepower, despite them finishing with a higher trap speed.

That serves as the perfect example of defining "quicker" versus "faster".
    Lag or no lag, there's a reason why we get out of the hole quicker, and
    start to build a gap up to 140 mph.

There are many ways to turn up the dial on horsepower, and we are not
    solely married to the idea of supercharging; but we are highly focused
    on producing the most turn-key and reliable forced induction options on
    the market, which we believe we have done.

This means no required supporting modifications, and no change in factory
    recommended service or maintenance. We have Gen1 V10 customers who
    who are nearing the 100,000 (supercharged) mile mark, and Gen2 owners
    who are daily driving these cars to more than 12,000 miles per year, with
    nothing more than regularly scheduled factory service appointments by
    their local dealership or indy shop.

Road rallies, date nights, drag strip, road course, drifting, donuts, valet
    parking, cars and coffee, canyon runs, dealership service appointments;
    all while treating it like a completely factory optioned vehicle...

That's good enough in our book, and the reinforcing opinion of our title.

Possibly the most capable Huracan in the world ...

We could change it to "Arguably the most capable Huracan in the world",
    but either it would be provocative and lead us into a nice friendly conversation.

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

VF, show us this data on the 175 in the 1/2 mile and ET that was quicker than many 1000 HP turbo Huracans. I assume with a statement like that you have data showing that your SC Huracan had a better ET than a TT Huracan with over 1000 HP. Standing by.
    www.UndergroundRacing.com
    Home of the Worlds fastest Gallardo's
    - Standing Mile 263 mph @ 21 sec
    - Standing 1/2 mile Huracan = 257 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile Gallardo = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile R8 = 244 mph
    - Standing 1/2 mile DCT Huracan = 233 mph
    - 8 time KING OF THE STREETS champ!

- 1/4 = 7.8 @ 187 DCT Huracan
    - 1/4 = 8.3 @ 183 egear Gallardo
    - 60-130 2 sec range