Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

VF Engineering Supercharger Install Thread

VF Engineering Supercharger Install Thread
    Car is going in on Monday for VF-800 install so going to use this thread to document the install. Hope it will be helpful for others thinking of doing this kit. I will be having this done at my local Audi dealership, they have a great R8 tech there who serviced my 2 R8's, he also installed the VF-750 kit on my R8 V10. I brought him the instructions the other day and he said much easier than the install on the R8. That took about 40 hours and he thinks this can be done in about 20 hours since no need to unbolt motor or run all that plumbing up to the front, also no bumpers need to come off. When he did my R8 ECUs needed to be removed and sent to VF to be tuned, but for the Huracan no need to do that. They sent out a cable and tech will install tune right through obdi port. I had VF kits on both my R8V10 and R8V8 so the decision on which kit to go with on my Huracan was very easy to make. Both those kits ran flawlessly and from keeping in contact with the current owners they are still with no problems. When the tech installed on my R8V10 it was his first time installing a supercharger on a car. He said the ease of the VF kit made it a straightforward job and when he did have questions VF technical support was always ready to help. While car is sitting on the lift going to do a couple other little mods. Going to paint the X-brace body color and thinking also body color for brakes which are silver now. Any thoughts on thoe color choices?

If it was mine I would have had yellow callipers belts and rear brace.
    But blue blue and blue will look cool.

I did think about yellow but blue won out in a vote by my friends

Agree. More subtle.

Looks awesome. Blue calipers but keep the wheels that color.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    Looks awesome. Blue calipers but keep the wheels that color.
    Yea I had either black or titanium wheels on my last couple cars so I'm liking the change with these silver wheels

Congrats on your choice, it’s a bulletoroof system. We need pics of the build

Dropped off car this morning for install. Fuel pump needs to come out to be modified so tech asked me to bring in with just a 1/4 of tank of gas. Of course since car has been sitting stored for winter tank was full. Plan was to siphon out gas but found that impossible to do but luckily we had decent weather this weekend so got out for a few hour drive. Plan for day one is he will go though entire install and order anything he wants to replace. He also did this on my R8 install, he says there are some bolts, washers and gaskets that should not be reused once taken apart. I like that he is this thorough and cost of those parts is not much. I will make a list of these parts and post it here.

And, what was the outcome?
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Sorry forgot to update this thread, did update on other Lamborghini forum. Here some of the posts.

I will be stopping in Monday to see progress and gather pictures. Even though it's only suppose to be about a 20 hour install we agreed I would leave the car there for up to two weeks. He said he could save me money on install if he could work on it in between his regular duties, he is the shop foreman at this dealership. He sent me this message last night.

Hey Scott, Sorry for no progress updates in the past few days, I'm chipping away at it a few hours a day. I have the intake off and I'm rerouting the vacuum and EVAP lines in order to drop the superchager on. All the work on the underside is all ready to bolt up the pulley bracket. The good new is I've opened the boxes and have started to put parts on, not just taking them off! Mike

And this picture,

[/QUOTE]