Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    VF Engineering Supercharger Install Thread
    Stopped by today to check out and he is moving along nicely. He was very impressed with how easily it was to install pulley bracket, no need to unbolt and tilt motor. The way VF designed it it can now be installed from underneath car. I took a picture but kind of hard to see. He is doing a bunch of pictures as he goes and will give them to me a thumb drive when he is done and I will post here. He also has the blower tray in now and before that went in there was a bunch of rerouting EVAP lines and valves. While manifold off took a picture of valves and the dual injection really fixed the carbon buildup problem. They were clean as a whistle. Also dropped off my X Brace that I had painted body color.

Looking at pulley from under car

Supercharger Tray

Clean valves

Stopped by today and is pretty close to finishing. The cooling on this kit is much different than one for my R8. On that they put cooler in front of car requiring bumper to come off and they put reservoir tank under front boot and then you need to run line from and to there to supercharger, That required more labor hours. Pretty neat how it is now done. They use a Dual Air water charge cooler system and they put them in each rear wheel well. The huracan has coolers there now and those get move slightly towards the back of the car and new coolers are put in front of them. The new coolers are high flow so does not have much effect on the air going to stock ones, also they are smaller. I took a couple pictures today but all you can really is the stock ones. Tech does have picture with just the VF coolers in and I will be have them next week.

Driver side rear wheel well

Passenger side

You can see the water pump here

New K&N Filters with pre-filters

Got a call telling me it's all done. He took it for a test ride and said running great but wants to wait for me to take him for a ride and really get on it. Will be picking up tomorrow morning and suppose to be almost 60 so should be fun.

Got in a couple ride and all I can say is WOW! When driving normally car behaves no different than before, but hit the gas and it slams you back in seat! Even though was pretty warm out, low 60's, tires were constantly breaking loose. Only 5,200 miles on them but I think we all know the stock Pzeroes suck. I had the same issues when I supercharged my first R8 back in 2011. So I talked to my tire shop and they told me about a new Michelin tire, the Pilot Super Sports, that were just coming out. I had them get me a set and what a difference. When I got my second R8 I changed pretty quickly to the Michelin's. Now I am ordering the new Michelin Pilot Sport 4S. Another thing I noticed was exhaust sounded even better, I asked tech and he said probably because more air being moved through motor. Suppose to have another spring like day tomorrow so can't wait to get out again. Thanks again to VF for making such a great kit for our cars!

Roads finally cleared up here and temps decent today, low 40's, so I got out for a couple hour ride. All I can say is WOW! I have never driven a car nearly this fast. I supercharged my R8 V10 to 750hp but I think my Huracan with just VF Hex tunes was faster. Probably because the R8 was a stick and i was never able to take full advantage of the extra power cause of that. Now with dual clutch it is incredibly fast, I did a couple 0 to 60 take offs and could not believe how quick it got there. I did some timed runs under 3 seconds in my R8 but this felt so much faster, I would say probably 2.2 or 2.3. After that I went and played on highway and car is now scary fast, I would be in 5th doing about 60 mph and then when nothing was in front of me I would downshift to 4th and punch it, in what seemed like just a couple seconds I was at 130 and planted back in seat like i hit gforce. But one of the best things I like is how the car drove same as stock when I just cruised for a bit on highway and around town. I have driven in a few turbo 1,000+hp cars and they don't behave like stock even at slow speeds. So have now put about 400 miles on car and it has run flawless, not one fault light. I also monitor things like fuel trim, lambda and AFR and tune seems to be running perfect and on the safe side. This is why i'm on my 3rd kit from VF and why I think so many R8 and Lambo owners go with them. Sure if TX2k is your thing then go with turbo's but 800 hp is enough for me

Also looks like my installer might be doing a VF kit on a Performante in a couple weeks