Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How many actually have bolt-ons and a tune on their Huracan?

How many actually have bolt-ons and a tune on their Huracan?
    Do any member here actually have BMC filters, aftermarket exhaust, and a tune on their Huracan? If so, any before and after dynos?

In gathering info from various vendors, it seems like these cars really wake up with bolt-ons and by adding an exhaust, filters, and a tune, 50+ whp over stock is achievable.

Can anyone attest to these claims by vendors? Thanks!

The only "bolt on" hardware you should be considering
    are (2) big hair dryers😎

Quote Originally Posted by PCJR View Post
    The only "bolt on" hardware you should be considering
    are (2) big hair dryers������
    I am trying to be good for once, Pete.

No, these cars are already awake! I have the BMC filters and if they gave 17hp or so I do not feel them at all. A tune also doesn't do much, it's more the gearbox tune that will change the gears differently/faster, maybe with better rpm matching or a little ritching up during gearshifts. And smooth intake tubes help to have better airstream through the MAF what may gain a few HP.

But what I've seen till today is that you may get about 27hp max out of all together. You cannot simply count the gains together. So if you add new air filters you may see 15hp gain, adding smooth intake pipes then do not add the tested 17hp but only a few then. This due to the fact that an aftermarket filter may already streamline the airflow a little better so the intake tube doesn't help anymore. But that's theory.

The best would be to have a car will all togher on the dyno. I will have my tune soon but leave the Sport exhaust, so I have only filters and tune.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    No, these cars are already awake! I have the BMC filters and if they gave 17hp or so I do not feel them at all. A tune also doesn't do much, it's more the gearbox tune that will change the gears differently/faster, maybe with better rpm matching or a little ritching up during gearshifts. And smooth intake tubes help to have better airstream through the MAF what may gain a few HP.

But what I've seen till today is that you may get about 27hp max out of all together. You cannot simply count the gains together. So if you add new air filters you may see 15hp gain, adding smooth intake pipes then do not add the tested 17hp but only a few then. This due to the fact that an aftermarket filter may already streamline the airflow a little better so the intake tube doesn't help anymore. But that's theory.

The best would be to have a car will all togher on the dyno. I will have my tune soon but leave the Sport exhaust, so I have only filters and tune.
    That makes sense.

When it comes to simple bolt-on mods (filters, exhaust, ECU Tuning) there are definitely gains to be had.
    Will it be as night and day as adding forced induction, absolutely not, but we have plenty of customers
    who are completely satisfied with the modest yet effective gains of our software.

We offer our HEX Tuning ECU Software as direct port flash (installed through your OBDII port) that can
    be user installed in just minutes without ever touching the ECU's.

Gains are consistently showing 30HP and 25TQ to all four wheels.
    This is absolutely noticeable as they cover the entire rev range.

VF Engineering ECU Software - OBDII Port Flashing - AVAILABLE NOW!-lamborghini-huraca-tune-jpg

When software is not enough, we obviously have our VF800 Supercharger System.

Existing software customers will receive a full 100% credit for the price of the software to use towards
    the supercharger purchase. If the HEX Tuning Software satisfies your thirst for more power, then great!
    If you're still craving more and decide to step up to the VF800 System, then the software was
    essentially a FREE trial.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

Ok, put it onto the dyno again for an inital run, then put some BMC filters in it, smooth intake pipes and an aftermarket exhaust. Afterwards strap it on the dyno again and we see what the simple bolt-on are able to do. I have a theory about the result but a tuner with easy dyno access can show real figures. Why no one does it ?
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Our dyno results are will always be a reflection of our products on an otherwise stock car.

It's just too difficult to test all of the various intake and exhaust options on the market as
    the selection process for these sorts of products by the consumer is typically subjective.

In most cases high flow air filters will yield a consistent and positive gain over the stock
    filters. The gains from OEM replacement type filters alone are not huge, but in most cases
    benefit the entire rev range.
    (We have not recently tested open airbox, "cold-air" exposed cone style filters so we have
    no comments for those on the Lamborghini Huracan / Gen2 Audi R8 applications.
    )

Exhaust modifications tend to vary quite widely as tube diameter, number/degree of bends,
    muffler/resonator size and placement, etc... all yield different results. Gains are typically
    net positive, but the power curve and RPM range for peak/max gains will vary.
    ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

We have done just this actually. All testing completed on the same independently owned and operated dyno at HP Logic in Palm Beach.

This was a mustang AWD linked dyno.

We baselined our car totally stock which is the lowest run on the graph, then we did a new dyno with the exhaust, and then a tune + exhaust dyno which is the top dotted line.

Please feel free to contact us directly at sales@rsctuning.com

How many actually have bolt-ons and a tune on their Huracan?-tunevsexhaustvsstock-jpg

RSC, VF, Fabspeed,

Let's say one wants to do all the bolt ons at once (exhaust, filters, smooth tubes, and tune), Do you guys custom dyno tune the car or do you install the bolt ons and flash a off the shelf tune?