Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

It's Official: The Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 Is A 910 Horsepower Hybrid

It's Official: The Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 Is A 910 Horsepower Hybrid

"This is the Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4, and it's a ridiculously overpowered Lamborghini hybrid, complete with electric motors and the claimed equivalent of 282 miles per gallon. And it's not just the name that's big. This is Lamborghini's big future.

Befitting the "LPI" portion of the name (the "I" is for Ibrido, which is Italian for "hybrid"), it's got a longitudinally-positioned 5.2-liter V10 pumping out 610 horsepower, coupled to 300 horsepower worth of electric propulsion for the full 910 equine experience, through all four tires. And since 300 horsepower alone is clearly enough to power this thing around, it'll do up to 125 kilometers an hour, or about 77 miles per hour, on the electric juice alone for up to 32 miles.

Ferrari, Porsche, and McLaren have all jumped into the hybrid game already, but rather than trying to compete with that trio of track-oriented hypercars, the Asterion looks distinctly, well, comfortable. The seats look to be more highly positioned than in relatively hard-edged Lamborghinis like the Aventador, and the interior's swathed in inviting brown and cream leather, like the outside of a dairy cow.

Alright, so the younger Lamborghini fans among us will now begin their rage-filled keyboard assault against Audi, Volkswagen, and sure, let's just say the Pope, too, why not, about how Lamborghini Is Now Ruined, Everything Is Soft Now, There Are No More Supercars, The World Is Over, Lamborghini Is Over, Down With Lamborghini, How Dare Lamborghini Not Make Something With Silly Doors And That You Can Actually Drive places, but it really isn't the apocalypse.

While this is still technically a concept, the Asterion looks distinctly production-ready, and we have nothing to fear from a Lamborghini grand tourer. The company was founded upon grand tourers like the original Lamborghini 400GT, and continued the tradition with models like the Lamborghini Jalpa up through the 1980s.

And there ain't nobody gonna tell me that this doesn't look like a Jalpa.

So rejoice, consumers who want something approaching 1000 horsepower but don't quite have the three jets and 84-car stable to afford a Bugatti. This is your wonderfully beautiful, relatively comfortable, deeply amazing Lamborghini of tomorrow.
    Source: Jalopnik"

2010 Lamborghini Gallardo LP560

beautiful styling, but when and how much?

Some close up pics of the Lamborghini Asterion

It's Official: The Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 Is A 910 Horsepower Hybrid-asterion1-jpg

It's Official: The Lamborghini Asterion LPI 910-4 Is A 910 Horsepower Hybrid-asterion2-jpg

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    beautiful styling, but when and how much?
    The rumor is that this car will hit the market fast. I like that they choosed to do a gt, it would be a blast to drive this car from a country to another, max is something you wanted from a car

your right, and the nose looks longer, so maybe a more usable trunk space, howevere call me old school, but when I hear hybrid anything, it turns me off, guess i'll have to get my head around it, cause it seems too be the future..

Quote Originally Posted by max View Post
    your right, and the nose looks longer, so maybe a more usable trunk space, howevere call me old school, but when I hear hybrid anything, it turns me off, guess i'll have to get my head around it, cause it seems too be the future..
    I guess the last classic gt is the F12 or the F12 GTo if Ferrari will ever decide to produce. Still, this car will go like a rocket, 300 hp electric horsepower is huge, in fact is more than any current hybrids have (p1, laf,918). Add to it a huracan engine and you have a winner for sure!
    Since this is a concept i think the final product will have a different name.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    I guess the last classic gt is the F12 or the F12 GTo if Ferrari will ever decide to produce. Still, this car will go like a rocket, 300 hp electric horsepower is huge, in fact is more than any current hybrids have (p1, laf,918). Add to it a huracan engine and you have a winner for sure!
    Since this is a concept i think the final product will have a different name.
    I have to disagree with you. One, it is almost a production version everything they did works even the side mirrors. Nothing looks concepty on it. Looks well thought and road ready. Also most of the time when cars are real true concepts they don't let people get to close to them because they did not finish a certain part. However, people are all over this thing, inside outside,doors everything. I'm absolutely a buyer without a doubt
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I have to disagree with you. One, it is almost a production version everything they did works even the side mirrors. Nothing looks concepty on it. Looks well thought and road ready. Also most of the time when cars are real true concepts they don't let people get to close to them because they did not finish a certain part. However, people are all over this thing, inside outside,doors everything. I'm absolutely a buyer without a doubt
    Don't get me wrong, it would be awesome to see it going into production as it is, if you remember something similar happend to the Evoque, except minor changes they launched it as the concept was.
    The only thing that was never talked about is the price tag. What do you guys think about that?

A closer look at the Asterion drivetrain

I'm thinking somewhere in the 300s. First because it still has to be competitive with others like the FF. Second, if they make it 600k no one is going to spend that when they could have a much rarer car
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette