BMW i8 isntead of Lamborghini?

BMW i8 isntead of Lamborghini?
    Just wondering if someone wanted an exotic without the hassle of the high unpredictable costs of maintenance or unreliability, would something like a BMW i8 be a better option?

Personally, when I look at an BMW i8 and a Lamborghini, they both look stunning to me. But there are plenty of used BMW i8 around 2015 model selling for $80k.

My parents can def afford that car, my dad / mom bought 3 homes already all worth around $1.5m in cash. I think it's kind of crazy they bought 3 homes in cash and never bought an exotic, but they just don't believe in them, which is no big deal.

I've test driven one before and a Huracan. I personally feel the BMW i8 is a more pleasant ride and easier to drive. While the Huracan is pretty amazing, I feel I could die in it or cause a bad accident if I started thinking the car was a toy. For a rental Lamborghini should at least be done once in your life. But owning it and as a everyday driver I don't think I could do it in a Lamborghini.

I follow a pro skater Nyjah Huston. He bought a Lamborghini Aventador probably super stoked to be a Lamborghini owner at 20 years old. But then he put it on Craigslist and he bought a more modest car, a Mercedes C-class AMG. Maybe he found out daily driving a Lamborghini is a burden and something like a Mercedes C-class AMG is alot easier. And I kind of feel that way after I rented one, to realize this is not really my dream car I want to own, but just rent. If I were to own a cool car, I may consider the BMW i8 because it was alot easier to drive and also probably easier to maintain. I hear of stories of Ferrari owners who purposely not drive their car too often because they are aware of the high cost of repairs.

But the new Tesla roadster would be my dream car I think is worth $200k. Fastest production car and goes 600 miles per charge, which sounds like a pretty good deal.

I have both... they are different cars. I think if you want something exotic (but not supercar) this fits the bill. I get 75-90 MPGe and love the car to death. In fact, it is my longest held daily driver in years (almost 3 years now) and I still love it as much as I did day one.

Yes, Jet, go buy the i8. Much better choice. The Huracan is crap. You are wise beyond your years!