Thread: Huracan vs. NSX

Huracan vs. NSX

Huracan vs. NSX
    Hey, what do you think of the Acura/Honda NSX? I had the chance to drive it and generally I was pretty impressed. It looks really good and the performance is not too bad as well. However, I think it is too expensive.

I made a video of the test. Guess who is faster? :P

I believe your assessment is correct. If they would deliver a car in the 160K range, that would be a fair price, in my opinion. I tried to order one without all the carbon fiber add ons, but since they have so many unsold, that was not an option at the store I was working with. They have been delivering in the 200K price range and the sales reflect your general feeling. My LP610-4 probably would be OK having an NSX next to it.

I've owned a 91 and 05 and loved them. Obviously VERY different cars. While the press seems to generally love the car everyone admits its a new feeling of driving. I think it will take some time to get used to this type of platform but its the future.

I have owned my 2004 GPW NSX for 9+ years now (my wife and I got married using that car as the getaway car, epic night)

Back to the subject, the previous Gen 1 NSX as many refer to the car was a game changer in the 90's era when it was introduced. Few cars could compete with the fresh technology at that time. For those who remember, the car was not incredibly well received and towards the last couple years of production, 04/05 cars were discounted to sell them off the lots. But if you look at the trend now, good low mileage examples are commanding nearly double the MSRP of $89k back then!

I see the new Gen 2 NSX the same way - it's a game changer in the way technology is used. Not the entire public understands or is ready to accept this new technology. I was a bit skeptical as well and first saw the car in person at NSXPO 2015 where Acura reps were able to show off the car. A few lucky owners back then got hot laps. In 2016 at NSXPO I was one of the lucky ones to get a chance to ride in the Pikes Peak race car with one of their factory drivers. Having rode in both the McLaren 650s just prior to the new NSX, I can honestly say both care are super exciting in their own way. The blistering acceleration and taking turn 17 at Sebring nearly 150+mph in god-like speeds I would never try to do on my own, it was an eye opener! I gained new found respect for the new NSX that day.

The Pikes Peak race car had a 4" turbo back exhaust that sounded amazing - too bad the factory car would not sound like this.

I still love my old generation NSX and it's a keeper that will NEVER be sold. I also love the new NSX in it's own way and may consider owning one in the future perhaps when the NSX-R is released. For now I picked the Huracan and it will keep my NSX happy as it's garage mate.

a few pics from that memorable weekend: