Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dynamic Steering!! Aye or Nay?

Dynamic Steering!!  Aye or Nay?
    I just submitted my order for a 2015 Huracan yesterday, One of the options that I did not acquire was dynamic steering. I want to hear about your expertise and opinions . How significant is dynamic steering to daily drivability, If I want to use the Huracan as a daily drive

Thanks

The big help is short radius turns. I have it on mine and I have also drive the cars on the track with it. It will tighten up at high speed and make turning easier. Think of it as a stesteering dampener of sorts. I like it on mine and I love how it works.

Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

personally I don't like to many inputs from driving aids........I went for the magneto ride and not the electric steering and put the cost against the race exhaust!! 2 mates don't have it and they say the standard set up is more than enough!! the trouble is when they give you the choice's of all these options we all think ''should I have it''.........ive spoken to a number of factory motersport guys and they said don't bother.......I can see it may help in tight city area's.....but that's all imo

I have it on mine and I like it. In routine daily driving I don't notice it so much, it seems to have the most affect on higher speeds or tight turns. I wouldn't say that it's essential, drivers have managed without this kind of aid for years and been fine, but I like it and certainly don't feel that it interferes with the feel of the drive. You mentioned sport exhaust, I have it and would very very highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambo Mitch View Post
    The big help is short radius turns. I have it on mine and I have also drive the cars on the track with it. It will tighten up at high speed and make turning easier. Think of it as a stesteering dampener of sorts. I like it on mine and I love how it works.
    How so?? The front wheel angle isn't any greater. It may save you 1/4 turn of the steering wheel lock-to-lock while parking, but that's about all. Definitely doesn't "tighten up at high speed and make turning easier", actally has the opposite effect.. makes steering heavier at speed.

cant wait for the exhaust........to me lambo's are all about attacking the sense's......and that exhaust def does that in bucket loads!! worth every penny on my spec.....wish we had more tunnels where I live !!

I didn't go for it solely because I thought it would be to inconsistent. Mine is perfect the way it is and say your going 32 mph but then you do 34 and the steering tightens up. Thats why I didn't
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I didn't go for it solely because I thought it would be to inconsistent. Mine is perfect the way it is and say your going 32 mph but then you do 34 and the steering tightens up. Thats why I didn't
    LOL. Not that I'm defending it, but you would NOT notice any difference between 32 and 34 mph.

I hated it on my Audi so I passed. Loose as a Las Vegas stripper below 45 mph and than tight as a nun in corners and 70mph.

Quote Originally Posted by euro_sex View Post
    I hated it on my Audi so I passed. Loose as a Las Vegas stripper below 45 mph and than tight as a nun in corners and 70mph.
    Speaking from experience! respect