Engine failure questions

Engine failure questions
    Posted at Lambotalk forum as well but chances are more people here are interested and have some value to offer -

So I wanted to get some feedback from you folks. I just purchase a Huracan in mid January, drove it less than 1000 miles and had engine failure. I have NEVER launched it using launch control and honestly been taking it pretty easy for the most part. I have a motorcycle racing background and engine break-in is cemented in my mind at this point. I have babied the car quite frankly.

I was almost home when the car suddenly lurched and started spluttering with multiple warning lights coming on and then it died. I was able to start it again and point it downhill into my driveway where it was picked up a few days later and towed to the dealership.

I have asked the dealership for a loaner but no luck. The mechanic called me back after testing sensors etc and it turns out that the bolt holding the camchain tensioner backed out and caused the valves to seize. That is the quick version of what he said. I was in a bit of shock and didnt take it all in. The net of it is that the car is obviously under warranty and they are putting a new engine in it.

Now - this happened almost 2 weeks ago and the new engine still hasnt even shipped from Italy yet. The dealership wont respond to my emails about "why no loaner" and "what are you doing to make this right". I am left making payments for a car I dont even have after less than 2 months. I am quite concerned that these guys have not replaced too many engines and worry about how this will effect the car down the road.

I believe that at this point something bigger should be done - as in - replace the car! I am considering reaching out to Lamborghini directly but I do not want to be unreasonable either. This just seems ludicrous to me.

What would you do?

Return the car and ask for refund.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did you purchase new? Was it in the new Austin dealership? Might call Lambo America in Va. and talk to them about it. Ask for Rene.

Sounds like bad luck but I would definitely return the car to the dealership and ask for a refund or a new car (same specs). ASAP.
    Maybe they have a car in stock you like, maybe you want to get the new Evo but you definitely need to do something about it. NOW.
    Good luck!

They have 30 days to get it fixed or lemon it. Doesn’t sound like they’ll have it repaired by then. So you should be ok lemoning it.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    They have 30 days to get it fixed or lemon it. Doesn’t sound like they’ll have it repaired by then. So you should be ok lemoning it.
    Not sure he can do it because the car wasn't new when he got it?

I bought the car with about 300 miles on it so I am out of luck on a lot of these options I guess. The good news is that the new engine is going in right now and hopefully I have the car back tomorrow.

An update?

I may be wrong but I think I've read in another forum that he got a new engine installed (warranty).