Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Just got Tesla Model 3

Just got Tesla Model 3
    So I put down a deposit for Tesla Model 3. And I test drove one multiple times and if I had a Model 3 or a Lamborghini Huracan sitting in my garage, I definitely would drive the Model 3 more often.

I have rented a Lamborghini Huracan too, so I remember well what the car feels like. What I realized is when I actually drove one rather than just looking at a poster, there are so many things going against you when driving an exotic car. They're uncomfortable, not made for commuting, a pain in the ass to drive in heavy traffic, bad visibility, car feels like it wants to kill me, fatigue after 2 hours of driving, and annoying sound comparable to being in an airplane. Yeah, it's powerful, but I feel like I have to work alot harder to drive this car than compared to a Tesla.

But after test driving multiple Teslas, including the Model 3, I don't feel that FOMO of not owning an exotic car sometime in my life. I know I can just go rent one, and put that Lamborghini money towards a house.

Exotic sports cars look cool, but I feel those who are buying it because they won the lottery or got a big promotion are buying this kind of car for the wrong reasons. To me, I feel like they're just buying an expensive loud paper weight that will be inferior to a high end Tesla you can get at fraction of the price. And after a couple years pass by, it would not make sense to buy an exotic sports car because you wanna go fast, if you truly wanna go fast, you should go electric.

I don't understand why Lamborghini are supposed to be dream cars. I would personally hate to drive one everyday, they're not comfortable at all, and just loud pieces of shit. When you drive both an exotic car and a Tesla, you will realize you were dumb to think you needed an exotic car to feel fulfilled. And plus, Elon Musk is coming out with his own exotic car killer, the Tesla Roadster. If his normal cars can shit all over most gas powered sport sedans and be compared to exotics, I just can't wait to see Elon's version of exotic car shit all over Lamborghini.

I know my Model 3 may not be a killing machine, I just bought it because it's practical. But in the back my mind, I know Tesla has ludicrious mode on the Model S, and their new roadster coming out.

I think you are missing the point. You don't buy a Lamborghini to have a nice comfortable daily, you buy it for the incredible feel of a roaring N/A V10 or V12 behind your back. If you want a comfortable and practical ride, go for an Urus.

There is just nothing like a Lamborghini and I doubt electric cars will get anywhere near that level of excitement and breathtaking emotion that Lamborghini engines deliver but I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

Even remotely comparing electric cars to high end Lamborghinis should be a sin on it's own as they (as of now) serve two completely different purposes. If you want to be the fastest without anything else then go for the Tesla or even a McLaren. But neither of those will hold the emotion and soul a N/A V12 or V10 can give you. Not even touching on the fact that electric productions cars have yet to prove themselves on a real race track, which is essentially what most Lamborghinis are made for, not for a comfortable, soothing and silent ride.

I get that that's not everyone's cup of tea but always keep in mind that breathtaking emotions is what Lamborghini stands for unlike Tesla.

Cheers.
    ---------------------------------------------------
    2018 Lamborghini Huracán Performante
    2017 Porsche 911 Carrera 4

Another great example of comparing apples to oranges...

Another Jetfalcon waste of bandwidth...crawl back into your hole...
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Someone seems upset. Haha. Enjoy your model 3. It's truly a nice car for the money. You probably have more people following your sentiment on Teslamotorsclub.com.

Quote Originally Posted by uturn2hell View Post
    Someone seems upset. Haha. Enjoy your model 3. It's truly a nice car for the money. You probably have more people following your sentiment on Teslamotorsclub.com.
    I've driven a Huracan before, I'm not saying this because I can't afford a Lamborghini. Technically, I can't afford one, but at the same time, I don't feel like I'm missing out if I can't own one in my lifetime.

Thankfully, I rented one and realized the Huracan cares more about killing you than it is about being practical. Like trying to walk an out of control dog. But I'm sure there are people that are willing to drive these difficult cars because maybe they enjoy the complexity of a super car engine, just like they may enjoy their $30k Hublot watches that have tons of moving analog parts that matches the accuracy of a $300 Apple Watch.

With electric vehicles, everything is so precise once you learn how the car behaves, you can throw many variable pedal changes at it and it won't hesitate like a ICE car will. And I only have the mid level dual range car, not the top of the line performance version. This car drives the way I wish all my past cars would drive. It feels so digital, like the speed you want is the speed you get.

@uturn2hell

I may be upset on the fact the way I fantasized Lamborghinis (based on movies / video games) would drive is how they really drive in real life. But now I realize they are some of the most difficult cars to drive. And every time I rented one on the street, I felt the car was more like a beast I had to tame rather than a car that at had 100% control over.

I feel my xbox friends who are super hard core Forza fans have never driven an exotic once in their life. I wish they would rent a super car for a few hours so they realize whatever they fantasized is not the same as how it really will be like.

I don't think it's you he was referring to for being "upset". But obviously you can't drive. The Huracan is not trying to kill you, it is a very easy car to drive even close to it's limits. Nothing like Vipers, Mustangs, Vettes and Widow maker 911's, again clearly you can't drive if the Huracan was to much for you. Mine is supercharged to over 800hp and it drives much better than any car I have owned in the past
    2015 Blu Caelum. VF800 Supercharger, Fabspeed Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post
    I've driven a Huracan before, I'm not saying this because I can't afford a Lamborghini. Technically, I can't afford one, but at the same time, I don't feel like I'm missing out if I can't own one in my lifetime.

Thankfully, I rented one and realized the Huracan cares more about killing you than it is about being practical. Like trying to walk an out of control dog. But I'm sure there are people that are willing to drive these difficult cars because maybe they enjoy the complexity of a super car engine, just like they may enjoy their $30k Hublot watches that have tons of moving analog parts that matches the accuracy of a $300 Apple Watch.

With electric vehicles, everything is so precise once you learn how the car behaves, you can throw many variable pedal changes at it and it won't hesitate like a ICE car will. And I only have the mid level dual range car, not the top of the line performance version. This car drives the way I wish all my past cars would drive. It feels so digital, like the speed you want is the speed you get.

@uturn2hell

I may be upset on the fact the way I fantasized Lamborghinis (based on movies / video games) would drive is how they really drive in real life. But now I realize they are some of the most difficult cars to drive. And every time I rented one on the street, I felt the car was more like a beast I had to tame rather than a car that at had 100% control over.

I feel my xbox friends who are super hard core Forza fans have never driven an exotic once in their life. I wish they would rent a super car for a few hours so they realize whatever they fantasized is not the same as how it really will be like.
    No need to preach. I have an X P100D as my daily. Wouldn't get any other car for my daily commuter.
    Except Urus, no one buys a Lamborghini or F-cars for practical reason. Driving Huracan or any other Lamborghini is vastly different experience. For one, I don't look forward to driving my X but I get excited every time I drive my Huracan and look for any excuse to drive it. Believe it or not, Huracan is an easy car to drive. If you think Huracan is trying to kill you, other variances such as Murcielago WILL DEFINITELY kill you. At the end, it's whatever floats your boat. Everyone has different appreciation for different things. It will be too boring if we are all same. =)

Huh? Your comparing a Model 3 to a Huracan... Baffled.