Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Battery Charger- Who uses it and when??

Battery Charger- Who uses it and when??
    Everyone,

I got my H second hand about a year ago from the dealer. I've had the battery charger sitting in the trunk since I have gotten it. Might be a silly question, but when is this to be used?

Thank you

If you drive it once a week then I wouldn't worry about putting it on the battery tender. If you drive it once a month, then I would put it on the battery tender.

I put it on the tender, sometimes weeks will go by between usage

Anytime its not running (and in my garage) the tender is on. I have bad experiences with gremlins on my FordGT so its simply habit.

Mine is on always as it only a weekender
    To replace the battery is a PITA as you need to remove the boot lining etc

Your FGT is 14 yrs old with an optima battery...and could be an issue depending on the usage...(mine is still running the original battery 14 years later). My FGT sees usage weekly, and only gets the Ctek for the winter storage...

Unless 4-6 weeks go by of non-use in your Huracan, you don't need the charger.
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Can you just plug the CTEK into the lighter socket plug in the storage compartment in the front?
    Or do you have to attach the connecter straight onto the battery?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you drive your Huracan for at least (consecutive) 20-30 miles at least once a week, you don't really need the trickle charger.
    If you keep the car "stored" for longer than three weeks, I would use the trickle charger.
    It is my understanding that you just plug it in into the socket plug in the storage compartment in the front but be careful regarding the plugging it in order...you have to plug it in into the wall outlet first and then into the car's socket plug. To make sure this is correct, check with your manual!!!

The socket doesnt work for charging. Best to use permanent connector and bolt the positive on the battery terminal stud and the negative on the screw on the cover. In this picture I don't have the negative there, I learned after that that is what to use.

2015 Blu Caelum. VF800 Supercharger, Fabspeed Valvetronic Supersport X-Pipe Exhaust.

Quote Originally Posted by scott23 View Post
    The socket doesnt work for charging. Best to use permanent connector and bolt the positive on the battery terminal stud and the negative on the screw on the cover. In this picture I don't have the negative there, I learned after that that is what to use.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk