Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Major issues with new Huracan Performante

Major issues with new Huracan Performante
    Hey all,

New to the site so please bare with me if I posted this in the wrong place..I took delivery of my performante last week and it's been having major issues. On day 1 it sprung a check oil light and after checking found the car was completely out and refilled it accordingly, by that night the light was back on and the car had burnt through the refill already in less then 20 miles of driving. Come day 2 I would get intermittent overheating and the car would put itself into limp mode even though I would only cruise and was not driving the car hard. That issue was followed by the audio system only having bass notes and nothing else at random times which required constantly resetting the MMI. 2 days after that the car started sending out transmission errors and 4wd failure warnings. I dropped it off at my dealer about 5 days ago now and they are completely clueless and are consulting with the factory on next steps as the car is essentially not drivable right now. It stored all the codes but they can't trace down a root problem. Now I appeal to you all for some hope...Am I the only one with a dead in the water Perf? Anyone else had major issues that were resolved?

Ok so this in heartbreaking. Not sure how to even respond. You need a replacement vehicle, not a repaired vehicle. Lamborghini needs to make this right.

Yes this is scary. I have never heard of any issues with a HP. Mine to date has been faultless
    Keep us posted !!

How the hell do they deliver a car with no oil?!
    Sounds like a lemon

Sent from my Huracan Perfomante

Yikes! That's hard to swallow...and is serious. Oil is not leaking out from under the car I assume? You'd have to have a lot of smoke out back for that to happen...

We're not talking about sipping oil...that rate of consumption is much higher than the fuel consumption...and would be very noticeable while driving.

With all the other issues coupled in, sounds like you have a huge issue with the car, motor, drive train...never seen anything like that in my life....hope they / you get it sorted out very quickly. Something is not right.
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Sorry to hear. See you're in NJ and I know the folks at Lambo Paramus at Manhattan Motorcars well and if you bought from either, they'd make this right quickly.

Not going to try to diagnose your cars issue, but your dealer should take care of this on a new HP.

For the record, I drive my Perf like a savage, and no issues. Just got my oil changed this week after clocking miles on rally, etc.

M
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    How the hell do they deliver a car with no oil?!
    Sounds like a lemon

Sent from my Huracan Perfomante
    Had topped up oil. My car is just a dud.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    Yikes! That's hard to swallow...and is serious. Oil is not leaking out from under the car I assume? You'd have to have a lot of smoke out back for that to happen...

We're not talking about sipping oil...that rate of consumption is much higher than the fuel consumption...and would be very noticeable while driving.

With all the other issues coupled in, sounds like you have a huge issue with the car, motor, drive train...never seen anything like that in my life....hope they / you get it sorted out very quickly. Something is not right.
    Nope, I had it checked over at Miller Motorcars who is a big dealer in my town though they do not cover Lamborghini and they were also baffled and said the car wasn't safe to drive as is since the transmission would randomly lock while driving. Oil is definitely not leaking. Fun fact I spent over $800 on oil for the car in a week of owning it, that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    Sorry to hear. See you're in NJ and I know the folks at Lambo Paramus at Manhattan Motorcars well and if you bought from either, they'd make this right quickly.

Not going to try to diagnose your cars issue, but your dealer should take care of this on a new HP.

For the record, I drive my Perf like a savage, and no issues. Just got my oil changed this week after clocking miles on rally, etc.

M
    The car came from Lambo Paramus. They've been great so far, that being said I can't measure how they'll be when things turn south until it actually happens. As of now the car is bricked in the service bay. The first thought was the east coast heat was the issue but the techs said the car was overheating within minutes of the car being turned on in the service bay. Hell of a car to switch over to Lamborghini from Ferrari for..My luck

I'm suspecting a lemon.
    Not Lambo's lemon, but rather a poster's one. The poster is a lemon.
    First time poster, major issues, no pictures?
    Questionable.

Right...here the car I don’t own in the garage that doesn’t exist. As well as the oil light that’s also imaginary in the non existent perf...Major issues with new Huracan Performante-40383392-f734-4c7e-979f-b2c50ca1a37f-jpg

Major issues with new Huracan Performante-97c45328-de1b-4862-8404-5e02005b7bc0-jpglike I said the imaginary car in the imaginary garage of my imaginary house...