Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Major issues with new Huracan Performante
    Another update: Now being told the problems were due to broken fans and "Oil pump issues". Don't understand how that'd cause a 4wd error but we'll see when I pick it up.

It's not adding up here...

1) I don't get why a dealer would be so secretive about a repair...

2) I am at a loss to understand exactly where the all oil you replenished god knows how many times went...you never said that you saw it come out of the exhaust, and you couldn't possibly have missed all those liters of oil being burned faster than the gas you went through...impossible. It doesn't just disappear into thin air.

3) "Broken fans and oil pump issues"...sounds highly suspect to me...and not something I would accept without further explanation or proof.

Nothing of what you have posted here adds up to me...
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Quote Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
    I would not take the car back. Thats me.
    +1000

Maybe some guys on this forum know some Lamborghini mechanics personally that you could reach out to for 2nd opinions. With HP resale values as high as they are, the dealer could trade you out with a replacement, take a small hit on the sale of your current, which in turn, Lamborghini could offset for the deal. That would be the cleanest.

Bottom line, too much money to accept damaged goods. It’s not what you paid for. And it’s not like it was a faulty lifter or a bad battery....it’s the freaking engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    It's not adding up here...

1) I don't get why a dealer would be so secretive about a repair...

2) I am at a loss to understand exactly where the all oil you replenished god knows how many times went...you never said that you saw it come out of the exhaust, and you couldn't possibly have missed all those liters of oil being burned faster than the gas you went through...impossible. It doesn't just disappear into thin air.

3) "Broken fans and oil pump issues"...sounds highly suspect to me...and not something I would accept without further explanation or proof.

Nothing of what you have posted here adds up to me...
    Highly agree.

OP, any updates? I sure hope this issue was resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by cadster View Post
    OP, any updates? I sure hope this issue was resolved.
    Update: Picked it up from the dealer and everything was great for about 5 hours then the dash lit up again. Errors as follows: 4wd failure, ala failure, dynamic steering failure, shock failure, fuel system failure, and intermittent oil warning. Car is now back at the dealer. In addition the steering was suddenly locking up which almost led to a major collision. The car is now back at the dealer and we both agree whatever is causing this is making the car outright dangerous to be on the road and if it can't be fixed by next week discussions will start for a formal buyback. Major issues with new Huracan Performante-img-2197-jpg

wow after the steering lock up I wouldn't get in it again

You try and take the car back and I will personally lead an intervention...

I had a Perf Coupe and now the Perf Spyder. Together over 3500 miles with no issues. Something very wrong here. I only know of another car that was damaged in shipping, but even that was mostly cosmetic, and is being fixed. They certainly should be able to get to the root cause. Good luck.

Your car is the Italian Christine.