Nero Helene vs Nero Noctis

Nero Helene vs Nero Noctis
    Hi all,

First post here. Currently have an R8 V10 and am looking to add a Huracan LP580 or LP610 within the next year or so. I was considering Giallo Inti and Verde Mantis, but felt like I may get bored after some time with those colors. I believe that with black you can never go wrong.

I was toying around with Lamborghini's configurator and looked at Nero Helene and Nero Noctis. Their website says that Nero Helene is metallic, whereas Noctis is solid. I tried finding pictures to compare online but they look the same.

Can anyone explain to me the difference - good pictures would be much appreciated!

I have had both - Nero Noctis is literally a non-metallic, "pure" black. It is the most gorgeous black I have ever encountered - deep, deep, deep, and properly maintained, it absolutely glows. But, therein lies the rub. It is also the most easily swirled and marred paint I have ever seen. It seems like every little contact with its surface results in swirls. I feel that the ideal situation with Nero Noctis is to detail it (or have it detailed) perfectly, then cover the entire car with paint protection film (XPel Ultimate Plus is stellar), otherwise, if you are at all OCD, it will drive you mad.
    Nero Helene is as you say, metallic. It is an interesting metallic, in that the flakes are multicoloured. To be honest, it doesn't have that rich, deep glow that Nero Noctis has because of the flake, but also because of the flake, it has its own positive attributes - especially up close, the flakes do look good.

Here is a pic up close of Nero Helene:

(Apologies - it was difficult to get the camera to focus on the paint itself)

Here is a link to a detail that I did on a good friend's Superleggera. His wash technique is great, yet his paint had a multitude of swirls in it. ANY cars painted in Nero Noctis that I have seen are swirled, and quite badly, at that. The pics kind of show what the paint can end up looking like even with careful washing, and what it can look like after a detail.

A special Gallardo Superleggera...

Hope this helps, in some way.

If you can maintain it properly, Nero Noctis is stunning. Nero Helene hides defects better. After owning both colours, I will be going with Noctis for my next car!

Anima sana in corpore sano