Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Performante intake noise

Performante intake noise
    Hi,

I have just changed from a standard Huracan to a Performante. Amazing car, a real step up. 1 issue (and it may not even be an issue) is with the windows down I am getting a really noticeable hissing sound when under acceleration, it may be induction noise but is far more noticeable (infact I don't recall hearing any induction hissing on the standard car) on the Performante. It also sounds like it's coming from the front of the car rather than the air intakes behind your head although this could just be the sound resonating when the car is moving. I spoke to the supplying dealer (who are not local to me) and they said the Performante does make more induction noise but if I think there is an issue to get Lambo Assist to recover the car back to them. I don't really want to go do this unless I am sure it's a problem. Has anyone else noticed this?

Thanks in advance.

If the sound is coming from the front is it present with ALA activated and deactivated?

Or you can just take it it to the RBR wind tunnel (hehehe j/k I saw your location and had to put that in)

It happens at even low speeds when accelerating so not sure if the ALA would be doing anything at that point?

RBR is 5 minutes from my house, maybe they will know what's going on! haha

Try speaking to Adam at Leicester, font of all knowledge!

As for RBR, lived across the road for years and have a few friends there, I wonder if we could blag a wind tunnel test

Well, they use some kind of venting through the door handles...so it could be that; air hissing through the latch. I have noticed that with my A/C on, blowing at high speed...standing outside the car, when I put my hand on the latch to open the door, there is a cool breeze emanating from the front of the latch as soon as it depressed.

I have never noticed hissing with the windows down, but I'm in my 60's and my high pitch hearing isn't what it used to be.
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Yes I noticed it as soon as we took off. Not as noticeable as my early Gallardo
    but def louder than my R8 or previous Huracan.

Thanks all. I think this car just sucks in more air

Its normal on the Performante, it has to do with the intakes.
    2018 Huracan Performante arancio borealis, HRE P101
    2018 991.2 GT3 Sapphire blue metallic IPE Titanium Exhaust, HRE R101LW
    2015 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe - HRE P204
    2016 Mercedes S550 Coupe - Matte white

Yes normal mate

Does it on both the Perf Coupe and Spyder, and its the intake just behind the door. Less on the Spyder, because the intakes are in a different spot.