Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Finance

Finance
    If you've got $2,000,000 income why would you buy anything used let alone finance something used. I make less than $150K a year and won't even settle for a used home let alone a used toy. Hell, the only thing I'll buy used is... a cell phone

Hey... I didn't say I wasn't cheap, I just said I wouldn't buy anything used!

Quote Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post
    If you've got $2,000,000 income why would you buy anything used let alone finance something used. I make less than $150K a year and won't even settle for a used home let alone a used toy. Hell, the only thing I'll buy used is... a cell phone

And other people feel just as strong about the opposite logic. lol
    Volsteiner Supercharged Huracan Spyder

Quote Originally Posted by ddipaola View Post

As others said, if you think you can get a better rate of return on your money than 2.75% (which you should be able to) you'd be silly not to finance Also a used Huracan can be $50k+ less than original...even with limited miles, not a bad deal if you ask me. Though I'm biased, I financed my used purchase

Lamborghinis are cool, but for how much you have to pay, how do people justify spending $200-300k for a car rather than a house?

I've rented it, and found out pretty quickly how terrible exotic cars are for commuting. It's extremely frustrating in traffic, and how shitty would that be to hate traffic even more after dropping $300k? I got some compliments, but I don't think it would be worth $300k just to have people say nice car. Unless this car can get attention from the right people who can help you become more successful maybe it would be worth the drop.

But just going by the "you only live once" idea is just stupid. These cars aren't made for commuting, they're machines that an average driver has no experience on handling. I still don't even trust myself completely driving this type of car, so I try being on my A game when I do rent them, because this isn't a car to fuck around with.

I think I may prefer an experienced person to drive it and ride as a passenger, too much having that responsibility. I think the BMW i8 was the most comfortable exotic looking car I've driven. It's still uncomfortable and inconvinient, but it's more tolerable if you're going for the super car look. Not saying it's bad to buy one, but I hope people who do buy one realize these are not easy cars to drive. Everything that makes this car cool and eye catching is an inconvenience to the driver who has to tame this beast with bad blind spots.

I also sat in a Ford GT I saw on the road. That car has worse blind spots than the Huracan.

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post
    Lamborghinis are cool, but for how much you have to pay, how do people justify spending $200-300k for a car rather than a house?
    Cause I already have a house? Didnt finance that either

Quote Originally Posted by jetfalcon View Post

I've rented it, and found out pretty quickly how terrible exotic cars are for commuting. It's extremely frustrating in traffic, and how shitty would that be to hate traffic even more after dropping $300k? I got some compliments, but I don't think it would be worth $300k just to have people say nice car. Unless this car can get attention from the right people who can help you become more successful maybe it would be worth the drop.

But just going by the "you only live once" idea is just stupid. These cars aren't made for commuting, they're machines that an average driver has no experience on handling. I still don't even trust myself completely driving this type of car, so I try being on my A game when I do rent them, because this isn't a car to fuck around with.

I think I may prefer an experienced person to drive it and ride as a passenger, too much having that responsibility. I think the BMW i8 was the most comfortable exotic looking car I've driven. It's still uncomfortable and inconvinient, but it's more tolerable if you're going for the super car look. Not saying it's bad to buy one, but I hope people who do buy one realize these are not easy cars to drive. Everything that makes this car cool and eye catching is an inconvenience to the driver who has to tame this beast with bad blind spots.

I also sat in a Ford GT I saw on the road. That car has worse blind spots than the Huracan.
    Are you really from this planet? Why don't you go to the Prius forum, since that's probably more your style. Yah...maybe rent one of those to fuck around with.
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    Are you really from this planet? Why don't you go to the Prius forum, since that's probably more your style. Yah...maybe rent one of those to fuck around with.
    Lol. Agree with Blown SRT. Probably one of the most bizarre posts on this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know who that poster is, but he only posts spew around here and doesn't even own a Lambo. All of his posts are like this one...
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    I don't know who that poster is, but he only posts spew around here and doesn't even own a Lambo. All of his posts are like this one...
    He is a dreamer kid...