Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

21 nits about the Huracan (from an owner.)

21 nits about the Huracan (from an owner.)
    I picked my LP610, and have a few observations. Lets assume for the sake of brevity that I frinkin love it, and it it exceeds expectations. None of us need another review that talks about the transmission (which is great) the horsepower (which is amazing) the styling (which is a masterpiece) the sound (which is literally perfect when or corsa mode) etc, so lets discuss things that I think you only notice when it is your car.

1: It's really hard to see out of. No really, When I drove it at the Lambo event, it was fine, but I think it was because I didn't need to pass mini vans, or have teenagers in Mustangs trying to race me. The side view mirrors are fantastic, so it makes up for it a tad, but the Gallardo was _much_ easier to see out of.

2: The rear camera sucks. Yes the dash is this super high end NVIDA powered screen, but the rear camera is SD and simply horrible. It may sound like I'm bitching, but when you cant see out the back, a camera that gives good perspective and detail would be nice. (I hope it is an upgrade I can get later.)

3: Yes it has a key fob, no it does not have proximity. In other words, you cannot walk up to the car and have it unlock, you mush pull the key out and unlock it. Again, not an issue, but shocking as it has the fob technology "inside" the car.

4: It does not have window controls on the Fob (hold down to vent) but...... it does have front boot release (thank the maker) so I'm happy.

5: You _do not_ need to have the power on in the car to pop the boot (front) but you do to pop the engine bay (odd.)

6: If you ordered the style package, your Lamborghini emblem on the rear _will not be in black_ though the exhaust tips will be. (Or at least mine isnt black and Lambo NB said the factory decided against it.

7: There is a button delete on the dash, and one of the rockers is unassigned. It's no big, but at 300k, it's odd to see.

8: The MMI _does not_ allow for Google maps, though the system is setup for it.

9: There is no cup holder, anywhere, and I doubt there ever will be.

10: The armrest can hold a smart phone and........ and nothing. Just the smart phone.

11: There is no memory seats. (I just don't understand that one. )

12: No matter what mode you put the display in, it will return to Tac/ Nav every time you re-start the car.

13: The wheel gap is insane (2in) but the car is quit low.

14: The front lift is slower than the Gallardo, esp on the decline.

15: Did i mention you cant see out of it very well? =)

16: Auto folding mirrors is _off_ by default (be sure to turn that on. =)

17: The parkign sensors are good....... when you remember to manually turn them on.

18: I cant seem to find the brightness control for the dash. (No I have not looked at the manual yet! =)

19: There is no garage door opener.

20: There is no AC hookup near the windshield (for lets say a radar detector.

21: The pop out handles are odd as they pop out for 3 min, then back in, but as there is no proximity, you need to manually pop them out if not already deployed.

Thats it. Again.... I LOVE THIS CAR, I simply wanted to point out some of the things that reviews would never write about, but us owners will need to live with. BTW, the more I drive it, the more i am convinced the car has more power, but they have it compressed via software. I'd say it really has 640-650, but is being governed to 610.

I'll add to this list of anything else comes to mind over the next few weeks.

Interesting thread, frankly i never saw something similar on the web. I think many of the things that you mentioned will be solved when the list of full options will be available.
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan on order
    2010 Audi R8 V10
    2007 Lamborghini Gallardo (past but not forgotten)

Ty for your impressions, i also think that engine can generate a lot more than now. As you said 650 is much closer to reality.

I also read that there is no cruise control? Not that its really needed, but still kind of weird.

I don't need one. I have my wife on constant alert; "slow down, you are going over 75!!!"

Thank you for the review!
    Huracan coming soon
    Aventador x 1

Thats a great Owner review ! I have also noticed some of the points in my Huracan. Now I don't find it hard to see out of after 2 weeks of driving though the only things that bothered me as well were the quality of the rear camera, the lack of cupholders and the no memory seats.

BUT IT PINS THE OTHER CARS FOR ITS PRACTICALITY AND EASE OF USE SO WHO CARES !!!
    2014 Lamborghini Huracan V10 (Rosso Mars)
    2013 Rolls Royce Ghost V12
    2012 Audi R8 V10-5.2 (Malibu Blue)
    2011 Jaguar XJ SS V8 5.0 Supercharged
    2010 Porsche Panamera 4S V8
    2009 Aston Martin Vantage V8 (Sunburst yellow)

Thanks for the great insight. You are right about no one else has really pointed these oddities out. Do you find the front lift helpful? I have it on my order but not sure you really need it as my 458 Italia didn't have it and I have been fine. I did not know about the garage door opener............ Even Ferrari has it on the rear view mirror.

Thanks for the list - 2 weeks and 800km in myself;
    - lack of cupholder - order it from factory
    - Memory seats - I am the only one driving my car so not a big issue
    - Cam - yes not great at all - also hope it can be upgraded
    - Instrument brightness control - bet you found that by now :-)
    - Google Maps - yes would be great and just make use of the phone connection for updates
    - Phone Directory not always available - quite irritating, seems like a bug

Other than that - happy so far.

Interesting, my MY '17 has a garage door opener.

What took me a little getting used to is the position of the left foot. The wheel well sits where my left foot normally would (left hand drive car).

Still love this car!
    '17 Huracan