Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Do people buy Lamborghini's to show others up?

Do people buy Lamborghini's to show others up?
    Just wondering if anyone encountered someone that owns an exotic for the sake of trying to show up others. Or to brag or humble brag how successful they are, or try portray they made it?

I used to live with a landlord who owned an R8, but he later kicked me out because I didn't clean enough to his expectations. But I think his real motive was because I didn't stay in my room, I stayed in the living room watching TV / play video games and only used my room to sleep. Also to add to that, I left my stuff in the living room, which he hated, which probably reminded him that this wasn't his home anymore.

After I left, I stayed outta touch but remembered I left a patio table there I would pick up eventually. I let him use it for 2 years, I did ask it for it back before but he didn't respond. So finally decided to show up randomly unannounced and just take it off his front porch. I ring his door bell, tell him that I'm picking up my table, he responds that the table belongs to him and he would sell it to me. I ignore him, grab the table / put it in my car, and he sneers at me. I then told him I bought the house, and he just responds "cool" in a demeaning way.

I go on his instagram post that has a professional photo of his R8 along with some entrepreneur motivation BS in the text line. I say something regarding the table like "you try asking me to pay money for a table that belongs to me, you're broke and a poser, good luck on your mortgage". And from that he gets really upset and tries insulting me with stuff like how I'm a loser with no friends and no one will ever like you. No girl likes you etc. Just insults that are high school level coming from a 35-38 year old guy.

So yeah does anyone know of an exotic car owner who's life revolves around their car? Like to the point you insult them or call them out, they lose their shit? I do not understand why this R8 owning guy has a hard time giving up my table and can't buy his own. To the point he had to insult me when I stood up to him and took it. He also still has my plates / bowls I left behind, which I think he doesn't wanna give back either.

To me, I think it's sad he owns that R8. The moment I insult him or call him out on his glorified Instagram post, he loses it. I think telling him I have two homes under my name is like a huge fuck you to him, his business, his car, and his mortgaged home. Because I texted him later about if I could get my plates back because I have two homes and could use them. Ya, I kind of purposely told him that because I know he could not afford to buy two homes in cash, and he's the kind of guy who wants others to believe he is the next rich guy who made it.

1. The R8 isn't an "exotic"

2. You're never going to own an "exotic" if you concern yourself this much about others.

wow.......................

JetFalcon strikes again!

Double wow...............

CessnaParakeet,

I bought my car for me to revolve around it. I am the Earth, and it is the Sun. I am nothing without it. Sometimes I like to park it on the side of high traffic roads and out in front of night clubs (that i can't get in because i'm repulsive). I pull out my matching lawn chair, sit next to it, and let people congratulate and worship what a success I am. I also do this because i'm homeless.

@ JF...do you own a Lambo, or the table? What was the point of your beleaguering post?
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Quote Originally Posted by Mkivbren View Post
    1. The R8 isn't an "exotic"

2. You're never going to own an "exotic" if you concern yourself this much about others.
    I can just go rent them. But right now I have two houses under my name, both worth $1.2M & 1.5M each. Ok, it's not my money but my parents bought two extra homes in cash and never bought an exotic. So I don't know if buying two houses in cash before an exotic must mean exotics won't give much benefit compared to a house.

I think I rather save up for that new Tesla Roadster for $200k. I think it's a better value and it will go faster than Lamborghinis, and has a large 600 mile battery per charge. That car I could see something that will pay itself off not having to refuel for $80 each time. Plus electric cars are the future. Eventually all these gas based exotics will just be fancy paperweights, so renting seems like the best option right now. 0 to 60 in 1.9 seconds, don't know any car that can do that for $200k, possibly faster than a Bugatti? Also seems more reasonable that it's only a few 100k rather than half a million dollars.

You really are lonely....get a life.
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

I only bought my lambo so I can park it in front $ 4.2M home next to the leer jet that my dad gave me for my birthday