Red face Funny thing happened today, Lambo owners ever find yourself concealing ownership???

Funny thing happened today, Lambo owners ever find yourself concealing ownership???
    So I was at a routine dental cleaning today and I had to reach for my phone to get some info and my doctor saw my screensaver has my Huracan on there. She asked that was my car and I found myself saying, oh no it's my dream car

Aside from the car circle (shows, C&C, etc) where people all share the love for cars, in many other situations it can be seen in negative ways. For example such as driving one to work, or showing it off by driving to your son's school just doesn't seem appropriate in today's economic world.

Do you guys find yourself keeping your Lambo a secret or if people ask, you openly state you have one?

Love to hear opinions from all the owners on here and perhaps list:

1) Occupation?
    2) Age?
    3) Location?
    4) Admit you have the Lambo to strangers who ask?

Should be a fun poll to see how everyone feels about this sensitive subject....

I'll go first based on the template above:

1) Engineer
    2) 40
    3) NorCal
    4) No, I tend to not disclose the fact I have a Lambo
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Haha, I do that sometimes myself.

1) Finance
    2) High 20s
    3) NorCal
    4) Not out of the blue - but whenever I meet people my friends tend to let it slip at some point. I don't mind people talking about it and answering questions if they ask me because I do love talking about it, but I don't go out of my way to tell people I have one if that makes sense. I bought it because I love the car, not to show it off (hard to shake that image though especially given my age).

1) Investor & Affiliate Marketer
    2) 25
    3) SoCal
    4) I keep it out of my work space. Clients and contractors would take it the wrong way.

1) Retired, Owned a Manufacturing Company
    2) 56
    3) Just North of Boston
    4) Yes I admit to those who ask, heck it's not just my screensaver it's on the back of my phone case, also I have a Capital One Card with my cars image on it. Also drive almost daily around my town which is where I grew up. In High School I was voted most likely to end up in jail and also don't think I even graduated, (had to do a second senior year and never went to graduation to see if I had a diploma). I was always into cars so sure it's fun to be seen in nice cars

Yes - at least keep it away from work. Funny thing is nobody really raises an eyebrow about discussion about my boat which cost about 5x as much as an H.

Business owner - active
    Quebec, Canada
    Most of the time
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

Huracan Performante and Ferrari F12

Business owner with over 800 employees
    Mid 40’s
    Carolina’s
    Zero interest in anyone knowing I even have these cars.

Frankly, my family and I do not circulate among the higher net worth people. We live in a middle class neighborhood and do our best to just fit in. Kids go to private school and we have many friends that frequently verbalize concerns relative to the annual tuition increases. The last thing I wish to do is create any bad feelings or awkwardness between our families.

Another equally important concern, I can’t have my employees knowing about these cars for practical business considerations: it would make for difficult and unpleasant conversations relating to pay plans. I am dark on social media. The cars stay in the garage and only get pulled out when it’s to do so.

I recognize that a great many people are weirded out by their disproportionate financial success, but I truly doubt anyone is nearly as conflicted about it as I am.

Business owner - Manufacturing
    Sydney Australia
    For years I used to be very discreet but now I am just honest but I wont talk about it unless asked

Quote Originally Posted by cadster View Post
    I recognize that a great many people are weirded out by their disproportionate financial success, but I truly doubt anyone is nearly as conflicted about it as I am.
    That's just sad. Sorry to hear that.

Late 40's
    Healthcare exec / mgmt consultant
    Connecticut (outside NYC)
    Always happy to talk about cars, mine, others, etc.

My neck of the woods has numerous supercar owners, many with big collections, so not a big deal here. My staff loves the cars and see it as inspiring. Most of them are between 22-35, so I'm an old man to them. And they get that hard work begets good things.

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars