Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review

Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review
    Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-018ce69b-ae5c-4ba4-91de-51d53f9e334e-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-2f7e8679-474b-470c-91d5-066684c369a6-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-10370df4-e4d0-44cc-b164-371032006a85-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-34e51dab-9b0b-4c61-b389-a1af3548851d-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-a7fbfb26-733e-46e9-874b-05b30c5575d9-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-887e9c72-56b5-426e-bcae-67614c6b4f9f-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-d9361eda-39f3-461f-a76b-1411a97c2d50-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-5a15045f-0b28-4b84-a1ac-dfbd03163311-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-740879c5-e732-4fba-adff-37105e0654e1-jpgUnderground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-b4c449c2-78a7-4eea-bcdb-0295cf8dbfbf-jpg

Back to 2012-2013 time....
    For those of you who don’t know, I did the same thing to a TT UGR Gallardo back in 2012-13 when they did a little work on my car that was ahead of its time after begging Kevin to finish testing the prototype setup I received. He actually made a wage on how much faster the car would be and if it wasn’t what he said, then he would remove the mods with no cost to me. Well, sure enough he won the bet! I then flew in to Charlotte, NC Underground Racing headquarters and proceeded to drive almost 1000miles home in a Gallardo TT stage 3 plus some extras build. Car drove perfect and I kept it for over 4 years before selling it. I then knew UGR was a good fit for me, and I would be into another UGR car in the future.

Christmas 2017 time
    I haven’t had much motivation to do to many write ups about the cars I’ve recently but this car deserves the attention to detail because it is just that good smile.gif

I had no idea think just how good this car was going to be, it is better than I expected!

Today is Christmas 2017 and I’ve had this car for a little more than a week. I purchased this car from HoutsonT whom everyone knows puts on the legendary TX2K series and is a super repeat customer of Underground Racing. I’ve been friends with HoustonT for years now and we would always BS about cars and running VBOX times to see who could get better times with our TT cars. I’ve been in talks with him for months and months about trying to get him to sell me this car. He told me the story about how he built this car and didn’t spare any cost to get exactly what he wanted and how he finally got the car in perfect condition for him to admire in his garage collection.

Originally he almost agreed to sell the car but then when I agreed to buy it, he needed some time to think about it for the weekend. He wanted to decide what kind of Supercar he would replace it with. He came back to me a couple days later lost? And no idea what he could do to replace it with. He just kept telling me everytime he drove it, he felt like it was the peak of project cars he has ever had.... Long story short, myself and another forum member was able to find him the only car that could replace this TT huracan, a Performante (future TT with UGR probably)!

So that was how I was able to pry this car out of HoustonT’s hands. I had seen maybe 10 pictures of the car from his iPhone, and maybe another a couple from floating around TX2K. He had the exact mods that I would want for the king of street cars in my mind. There was no reason for me to purchase another car and copy the same mods, hope I get it used in perfect condition and wait to get the car done when I knew he had already done all the tricks to this car for me. Besides, the car had less than 500 miles on it since HoustonT got it from UGR.

HoustonT is a standup guy and I would buy any car that he has ever owned again as he worries about the dirt on the bottom of the car, lol. He sent the car on his own dime to UGR for a checkup and to change all the fluids so I have a peace of mind. Totally overkill but I was excited to have Kevin at UGR look it over before I get it and see if there was anything it needed. As expected, UGR has so many cars at the shop but they found time to go over every detail that they just did less than 500 miles ago on the build. It was number UR8, in terms of the 8th TT huracan build spot HoustonT secured but the car was done later in the build order in 2017 by the time it was built so it was already up to date pretty much.

I never saw the car in person until I received the car but UGR did an out of the world job documenting under bright UV lights the condition of the car. I felt totally comfortable letting them work on it and handle the transport recommendations. Everything turned out PERFECT as they promised. I communicated a couple times over the phone with Kevin but almost multiple times daily via email while I was traveling overseas. He told me all the details HoustonT had done to the car to make it reliable and fast without having to worry about overbuilding it or under building it. Kevin knows how to make you feel comfortable spending money because he makes you understand the VALUE UGR has in this niche of the industry. He knows what will break and what the car will do. I always pushed him and I found out that his pretty much spot on. UGR work is not cheap but it’s the only place you can trust to index mark every bolt, every part, and then they test it before you pick it up over and over check perfection.

Underground Racing checked the engine with a leak down test, changed all the fluids, the plugs, repacked the clutch and installed some newer billet clutch basket pieces with updated hardware for me at an additional cost. They also tested the car several times per my request before they helped with enclosed transport back to Me.

Ive been so busy I’ve only driven it a handful of times at this point. I’m very comfortable with the power which on the street is sooooo awesome! This setup is just the best driving car besides being the fastest thing on the road short of a full out race car pretty much. Even on the lowest boost setting, it’s faster than a Bugatti Veyron verified with gps VBOX records. My wife says it drives better than all the other dct and automatic cars we have had.

So let me touch on the verified gps speed testing I did the first time driving the car within 15 minutes of owning it. No one really does this nerd vbox testing but maybe me, HoustonT, fikse, and a few others. Everyone thinks there car is fast but they really don’t know how fast. A stock 10second Nissan GT-R does 60-130mph in the 8-9 second Range. A stock huracan is probably a little faster in this 60-130mph range which is amazing in itself.

On 10psi max with boost by gear on my lowest 93 setting, my first and only try to just hammer the gas WITHOUT brake boosting put my UGR TT huracan in the mid 4 second category for 60-130mph.

I’ve tested back to back runs with 1150hp+ higher 93 octane setting and got easy high 3 second Range in the 60-130mph again by just hammering the gas! This car just does everything for you perfectly! Traction, stability, speed, boost by gear. This is going to be faster than a Bugatti Chiron at this power level and it still has much more left on 109 unleaded race gas, mind blowing...

Sorry for the long read guys, but in short, this guy is so much better than the same thing in a Gallardo. You won’t be disappointed if you do a TT huracan with Underground Racing.

Build details so far:

2016 Huracan Sport suspension, branding, lots of options, front lift, etc.
    HRE R101LW wheels 17.8lbs front 20x8.5 and 20lbs rear 20x11
    R888R 315/30/20 and Pirelli 245/35/20
    Novitec coilovers powdercoated Verde Mantis to match the car
    Front ABS skid plates
    Nano fusion clear bra on most of the car
    Carbon fiber AC vents
    Carbon fiber interior door handles

Underground Racing Stage 3+Race heads with some extra’s
    Billet clutch basket cage
    Billet clutch cage clips
    Billet arp clutch hub bolts bolts
    Billet drive hub

Congrats... Nice build.

Nice write up. Agreed, he's as good as it gets to deal with no matter which side of the coin your on. Looking forward to a ride in that P. Now if you want a real challenge, try to pry that supra out of his hands!

Amazing build! It's amazing that you can make an hypercar killer out of an Huracan.

Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-ce1d09fc-e3c0-4cd3-b401-0a12ac1a41e3-jpg
    Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-2ebb845e-d88b-4c23-a586-9bfef99c7369-jpg
    Underground Racing TT Huracan UR8- build up and review-5b1b5c9b-2948-4ec7-9ffe-b06396293568-jpg

Weight check:

So the wife went to bed tonight and I was anxious to do something to the car, so I pulled out my trusty longacre corner balance scales. Me and my buddy have weighed every car we have bought and if it had coilovers, we would corner balance them as well. It made a huge difference on my last gallardo in terms of balancing steering. Some times I get lucky from just eyeballing the suspension height and it gets pretty close.

My 2006 twin turbo wide body gallardo with a bunch of carbon fiber parts including seats and lightweight battery, ccb front brakes, light weight rear brakes, came in right around 3500lbs including the 24 gallons of fuel in the tank filled to the top.

My old 2014 Nissan GT-R mostly stock, downpipes, catted midpipe, intakes, carbon ceramic brakes, and 20” vorsteiner wheels came in at 3793lbs filled with close to a full gas tank. Stock catback exhaust

My old 2015 Bmw m3 with carbon ceramic brakes and downpipes, no other weight saving mods came in at 3598lbs with full gas tank.

I figured my new 2016 huracan twin turbo would be at say 3475lbs since it’s half carbon and aluminum frame, has coilovers, and the lightest aluminum wheels HRE makes which are about the same as the new ford gt carbon fiber wheels....

Well I was definitely wrong= 3736lbs for just the car the way it sits. OMG!

It’s time to start the weight saving mods, this is 60lbs lighter than my stockish GTR. Don’t believe all the hype about cars being light without checking the scales. I’m sure the race seats and battery will save me a lot of weight in this car. I bet the performante stock as is with comfort seats is the about the same weight. Which btw just means this car is more impressive than I thought considering it’s lugging around 250lbs more than my old gallardo, lol.

Damn! What's the fuel level?

The fuel was close to being full. Probably a couple more gallons left if i’m Not mistaken. Car is much heavier than Lamborghini advertises.