Question on using Huracan in Automatic transmission mode

Question on using Huracan in Automatic transmission mode
    I go to Exotic Racing in Fontana every few months to rip around the track in their super cars-- I usually keep the car in Automatic so I dont have to worry about upshifting and downshifting with paddles and I can focus on proper positioning in the corners, braking, and accelerating...furthermore, its one less thing the instructor is barking at you about-- I was at SPEEDVEGAS last weekend driving one of their Huracans, actually got to 140MPH in the straightaway which beats the 125MPH you can typically hit in Fontana---
    Nevertheless, they forced me to use the paddles/manual mode since they said that on the track that using automatic in harder on the transmission---Any truth to this? I cant find anything on the internet that says this, I appreciate the input from the forum

The automatic programs would be harder, with more aggressive shift points, than a driver being told to upshift early and downshift late.

I did 5-laps in an Aventador in Vegas and found it obvious that the instructors are told to baby the cars as much as possible.

In manual there is a very good chance that you will bounce of the rev limiter a few times.
    The wear and tear is not significantly more when you ate in Automatic mode.