Performante . "Reduce Oil Level" Issue

Performante . "Reduce Oil Level" Issue
    So shortly after taking delivery of my performante i got this awesome.. oil indecator.. and a screen "Reduce Oil Level" . So quick run to the shop and they check it.. no codes ... nothing crazy code went away. That night.. error came back. Drop the car off and they remove 500ML of oil.. On my way I go again.. light comes back along with "Reduce Oil Level". Another couple days back at the dealer and another 400ML of oil removed now at this point and so far the code has been cleared.

So few things.. The tech noticed at a bunch of performante's are coming with more oil than normal 610's. And actually there is no real consistancy either. Another customer in a 610 had a similar issue and they nailed it down to a specific stop light he would stop at.. at an incline.. would trigger the error. The oil would shift and level + time throws the code. So this made some sense as I noticed the light/code come on at specific times after it cleared.

So if anyone has a performance.. and is getting "Reduce Oil Level"... show your tech this information.. likely just has too much Oil in the system.. even though the oil level is within spec.. its triggering the code.

Thanks for the info. Hopefully this is a case for only a handful of cars.
    2018 Huracan Performante arancio borealis, HRE P101
    2018 991.2 GT3 Sapphire blue metallic IPE Titanium Exhaust, HRE R101LW
    2015 Mercedes S63 AMG Coupe - HRE P204
    2016 Mercedes S550 Coupe - Matte white

Quote Originally Posted by spudstr View Post
    So shortly after taking delivery of my performante i got this awesome.. oil indecator.. and a screen "Reduce Oil Level" . So quick run to the shop and they check it.. no codes ... nothing crazy code went away. That night.. error came back. Drop the car off and they remove 500ML of oil.. On my way I go again.. light comes back along with "Reduce Oil Level". Another couple days back at the dealer and another 400ML of oil removed now at this point and so far the code has been cleared.

So few things.. The tech noticed at a bunch of performante's are coming with more oil than normal 610's. And actually there is no real consistancy either. Another customer in a 610 had a similar issue and they nailed it down to a specific stop light he would stop at.. at an incline.. would trigger the error. The oil would shift and level + time throws the code. So this made some sense as I noticed the light/code come on at specific times after it cleared.

So if anyone has a performance.. and is getting "Reduce Oil Level"... show your tech this information.. likely just has too much Oil in the system.. even though the oil level is within spec.. its triggering the code.

Very surprised this went unnoticed while performing the pre delivery inspection at the dealership.

I agree that I am surprised at the occurrence but again, I am not sure that this over filling of oil (esp within spec) would or could be noticed by dealer at PDI. Good to know. I have not gotten this error so fingers crossed.

+ / - 1000 ml of extra oil will not do any potential damage to the engine due to the car having a dry sump oil system.

spudstr I just took delivery of my Performante and had the same issue with the reduce oil level. I have been removing the oil slowly to the "do not fill" line on the dip stick. I really think this is very sensitive sensor. It does not throw a code, because I check with an OBO. I was just checking with you if the removal of 900ML (.95 Quarts) if your problem has been resolved. I think they over filled the cars by 1 quart from the factory. I had 28 miles on the car at delivery, but I notice the light when it got up in temperature.

Thanks Brian

Sorry to hear about this. I have not had a similar issue with over 1200 miles. Let us know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by briandix View Post
    spudstr I just took delivery of my Performante and had the same issue with the reduce oil level. I have been removing the oil slowly to the "do not fill" line on the dip stick. I really think this is very sensitive sensor. It does not throw a code, because I check with an OBO. I was just checking with you if the removal of 900ML (.95 Quarts) if your problem has been resolved. I think they over filled the cars by 1 quart from the factory. I had 28 miles on the car at delivery, but I notice the light when it got up in temperature.

Thanks Brian

I had this issue with my Performante and the fix was to replace the oil sensor.