Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Is buying a Lambo just for a dream worth it?

Is buying a Lambo just for a dream worth it?
    Just wondering do most people who have gone through and bought a Lamborghini do it because it was their dream or have they driven one before and just liked it? When I say dream, I'm more like saying they saw it in movies, music videos, famous people, and just envying it from outside. But never actually driving one, not knowing what inconveniences come with this car. And then who has driven them before, know what inconviniences comes with the car (in terms of comfort) and still like them anyways and see it worth while?

To me, I would not buy a Lamborghini just for a dream, I would realize this car is very uncomfortable and hard to see out of, and hard to drive. This car requires the driver to be way more alert than your normal BMW 3 series, which can be a burden or tiresome. This car is a monster, and it's something that can kill you, I feel you need to be on top of your game if you're going to drive this thing. I do feel scared sometimes driving this car, just because if I go too fast and suddenly a car pops outta nowhere, it's going to be hard to stop. And that's not something I wanna do all the time, especially when it's just a normal day that I'm tired, got outta bed, and just need to go point A to B. And in traffic, this car is infuriating to be in traffic. Or in a congested city trying to make last minute turns or dodge cars, this is the worst car to do it in. Also, seating position is uncomfortable, it feels like sitting in a bobsled. To me, this whole dream to buy a Lamborghini idea just means you're not aware of the sacrifices you'll make to conveniences and comfort.

But I still like this car, it's a car that delivers the same thrill as an E-ticket ride at Disneyland. So it's like a cheap alternative than buying your own roller coaster. The attention is sorta cool, I do notice people looking at me more, or wanting to talk to me. Plus I'm wondering if having this kind of car could be good for networking with other successful people, such as joining a Lambo club. But the driving experience is unlike any other sports car, it feels like an amusement park ride.

For buying just for a dream, or just saying you made it, I don't think it's really worth it. I think all dream cars, even Bentleys & Rolls Royce, are all going to be harder to drive due to their unique body style that people think is cool. Anything cool means inconvenience, because convenience is common and not cool. Maybe some short term happiness can be had when buying this car, but I wouldn't rely on this car to bring eternal happiness. Right now my main car is the BMW M3, but since my sister crashed my old Lexus, I'm now forced to drive a car with an aggressive seating, which isn't always ideal when I just want a normal comfy ride. My dream normal car is the Lexus RX, it looks nice.

It's all relative bud. When you get sideways at over 100mph in fourth gear in your rwd car you compliment your car collection with a nice tame awd car like a huracan. Sounds like you're more looking for a daily driver. Do what's right for you..

I don’t find the Huracan particularly hard to drive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 coupe
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR
    2019 Mercedes AMG C 43 sedan

I don't find it uncomfortable at all...are you driving a Huracan now?
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

I've owned 3 Lamborghinis, the only downside is not being able to just park your car anywhere.

Ahh.......jetfalcon...........another superb post!

I daily drive mine. Yes, I had to put a 25.00 racing mirror on top of my regular mirror to take care of blind spots.....I’ll give you that.

Other than that, I don’t find anything difficult about driving the car.

My cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2017 Lamborghini 580-2 Spyder

Recently, I've made a change to all my side mirror adjustments, that eliminates the blind spots. After 45 years of driving, I decided to simply angle the mirrors out further, so I DON'T see the rear quarter panel in it. Takes some getting used to, but I can see cars in the blind spots that I was never able to see before. It only took me 45 years to figure it out!!
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

I bought mine for a dream. Dream turned into nightmare because of the inconveniences. Like not being able to pick up food from drive-thru window without extending my arm farther out of the window than I would have to in cheaper vehicles. Lamborghini designed that stupid. I have sketched and sent them new blue prints to fix this issue.

Also, my Lamborghini is not cool because it is useless to drive for saving my money. I thought because I bought my dream, I would have made it, and my life would be easier, more rich people friends, gala's, wine tastings, eye's wide shut parties. But it gets less than 20 mpg and for the cost of this dream, I expect higher mpg because i'm paying higher money for the vehicle. Very bad marketing not to reveal that.

I am changing my dream to Ford Mustang Economic Boost. It is faster in parking lot parking and doesn't lie about MPG and inconveniences. It is better because the more cars of that model they make, the more better designed they are because it has to please so many more people. I wish Lamborghini understood this. Until then I will only rent Lamborghini's if I need to make long road trips due to faster cruise control.

Quote Originally Posted by Blown SRT View Post
    Recently, I've made a change to all my side mirror adjustments, that eliminates the blind spots. After 45 years of driving, I decided to simply angle the mirrors out further, so I DON'T see the rear quarter panel in it. Takes some getting used to, but I can see cars in the blind spots that I was never able to see before. It only took me 45 years to figure it out!!
    Funny I just made a similar adjustment myself. I think angling the side mirrors out further than I was used to is a key move in a Huracan, where the blind spot on the passenger side is huge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    2017 Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4 coupe
    2018 Range Rover Sport SVR
    2019 Mercedes AMG C 43 sedan