Thread: Engine revving

Cool Engine revving

Engine revving
    Ok, so I'm new to the novelty of engine revving and getting some serious crackles. I don't over indulge in it too much but when I do some times when revving the whole Rev counter goes red and cuts the engine so the revs drop to zero rpm. But then is fine again and free to rev. I don't go mad with it, I Rev it for about 20secs if that.

What's going on? Just some safety mode? Or something to worry about? I don't ever rev when even remotely cold. And only done it twice.

You never never never rev the engine to high rpms with out any load on it, you will damage the intake and exhaust valves.

Gulp! Really? No revving? Iv only done it twice ns not gone mad with it but I always see people nailing them at shows. For ages too!

yes people do it to produce flames but it is never good for the engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Rupo View Post
    Ok, so I'm new to the novelty of engine revving and getting some serious crackles. I don't over indulge in it too much but when I do some times when revving the whole Rev counter goes red and cuts the engine so the revs drop to zero rpm. But then is fine again and free to rev. I don't go mad with it, I Rev it for about 20secs if that.

What's going on? Just some safety mode? Or something to worry about? I don't ever rev when even remotely cold. And only done it twice.
    Are you kidding me? Why would even think of doing something like that? 20 seconds of unloaded revving?? Are you trying to kill that motor?
    2018 Performante
    2017 2500 HD Sierra Denali
    2016 911 TTS (700) HP
    2016 Z06
    2005 FGT White/ blue (1050 HP)
    2005 FGT Yellow/ black

It is not good for the engine.

Cat overheat cutting revs until cooled down.