Jumping from lease to lease via Lamborghini

Jumping from lease to lease via Lamborghini
    Please excuse my ignorance, but this is my first supercar that is being leased rather than financed. When I completed creating my Huracan at Lamborghini the other day, the salesman and I had a small chat. He mentioned to me that most owners who lease "these cars" do so for a very short period of time... apparently after a year, a majority return them because Lamborghini will typically be able to sell your car for "what you paid for it", despite the fact that you've driven it for a year and put on mileage. He explained that most don't want to wait the 6 months or so that it takes for the car to come in, so Lamborghini is able to sell it rather easily at the same price (or close).

He mentioned that at that point, getting me into a newer Huracan (or an Aventador I guess) would be easy, with a discount as a "repeat customer." Has anyone actually gone through this process of returning a leased car after a year or so and getting a majority of your money back, and then ordering another one? My initial thought was that I'd obviously lose my money that I put "down", but if it's sold for near full value, I guess that'd come back to me, minus the leasing companies charges of course.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Typical dealer horseshit. Glad I bought mine used. I'm willing to bet I paid ~50k less than from a dealer/new.. if not more. I bought it out of a lease and the OO wrote a small check to cover the difference. 2900 miles.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkivbren View Post
    Typical dealer horseshit. Glad I bought mine used. I'm willing to bet I paid ~50k less than from a dealer/new.. if not more. I bought it out of a lease and the OO wrote a small check to cover the difference. 2900 miles.
    I figured it might be some typical BS he's feeding me, but a few things came to mind...

First off, why? I've already put in my order for my Huracan, and even if you're going to make money on a co-signment sale in a year, I'd obviously discuss the incentives of bringing my car for a sale and getting a newer one, before I do anything.

Second, and I guess this is moreso something I've observed, why are so many people actually doing this? The dealership is full of slightly used Huracan's and Aventador's. is everyone just looking for a single year of joy and swallowing a huge bill in exchange?

After a year, I'll gladly visit Lamborghini again and see what the salesman says. However, I (nor any normal person) would likely be pushed towards selling my car and getting a new one unless the numbers added up.

Yeah ... on a really rare or exclusive hypercar I could see that happening . Maybe even appreciating . But when too many our out there on the mkt no way.

From experience I bought first H new build was at 300K
    Just sold it after 2 years for 226K

Obvisouly the ones taking the biggest hit are those buying new .
    There is no repeat customer discount ... I just placed order on a Performante same local. Maybe on a used...

But short story you can expect it to cotinue the devalue ... even if you don't plan on driving it
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    AMG G63 2016 (DAILY)
    Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 (WEEKEND)
    Range Rover Sport HSE (WIFEY)
    Toyota 4Runner 2016 (WORK)

Mercedes AMG C63 507 Edition - RIP 2016
    Infinity IPL G37 - RIP 2014
    Toyota Camry SE - RIP 2013
    Toyota Tacoma TRD - RIP 2012
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

For you to get back what you paid, the car would have to sell for more than what you paid...and that's not likely.

Try Ferrari

Sent from my Huracan Perfomante