Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lambo Etiquette

Lambo Etiquette

Lambo Etiquette
    Now after a few test drives (610-4, 580-2 spyder and coupe) I've realized this car is something special and all the attention it gets is new to me (I'm coming from a 2002 gold C240 MB stuck in winter mode). So far my experience set:

1. Motorcycles rev at the Huracan and high school kids ask you to rev it. What do you do? Wave, thumbs up or rev back? If you rev back how do you do that without smashing the car in front of you.

2. People wave at you at stoplights. Do you always wave back?

3. A Dodge Charger was behind me, he cut over and got in front and then revved his engine at the stop light. I don't think he was asking for a friendly return rev or wave. Just ignore?

4. I was able to keep the 610 (Verde Mantis) overnight and on my street saw two guys just turn slack jaw when I went by. One started laughing and I couldn't figure out why.

5. People take pictures. A guy stopped in the crosswalk and pulled out his phone. I suppose you can't stop them but am curious if you respond to them.

6. Related to 5, cars seem to drift closer to the Huracan. Any safety tips?

7. I suspect there will be some negative reactions. Something to watch out for?

Cheers

-R

Short response,

stay on the top of your meds. If you do that, all you questions become very clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Short response,

stay on the top of your meds. If you do that, all you questions become very clear.
    Lambo EtiquetteLambo Etiquette

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are correct on above,all come with owning a Lambo..That is why I drive my Turbo S and new Raptor most of the time...I am always not in the mood to deal with all that non sense.However,I am grateful I am the one that owns the Lambo and not the one taking the pictures and dreaming on having one..

Take it all in stride. Exotic ownership comes with the good, the bad and the ugly but overall, its mostly a positive experience. Be good to others and treat them like you would like to be treated. Most are just as enthusiastic for you as you are for the fruit of your hard labor.

Bottomline, don't overthink it. ENJOY your ride!

Exactly Doc....

Thanks you are totally right I'm way overthinking this. Can't wait to get the car.

Quote Originally Posted by rssf View Post
    Now after a few test drives (610-4, 580-2 spyder and coupe) I've realized this car is something special and all the attention it gets is new to me (I'm coming from a 2002 gold C240 MB stuck in winter mode). So far my experience set:

1. Motorcycles rev at the Huracan and high school kids ask you to rev it. What do you do? Wave, thumbs up or rev back? If you rev back how do you do that without smashing the car in front of you.

2. People wave at you at stoplights. Do you always wave back?

3. A Dodge Charger was behind me, he cut over and got in front and then revved his engine at the stop light. I don't think he was asking for a friendly return rev or wave. Just ignore?

4. I was able to keep the 610 (Verde Mantis) overnight and on my street saw two guys just turn slack jaw when I went by. One started laughing and I couldn't figure out why.

5. People take pictures. A guy stopped in the crosswalk and pulled out his phone. I suppose you can't stop them but am curious if you respond to them.

6. Related to 5, cars seem to drift closer to the Huracan. Any safety tips?

7. I suspect there will be some negative reactions. Something to watch out for?

Cheers

-R
    I agree completely with what Doc said, I'm not someone who loves attention but people are paying attention to the car not me which is great. Some brief responses

1. Usually just smile back, but I try not to make eye contact with people too much. Helps that my windows have a dark tint. I'm not a big fan of revving, but if I'm on a highway sometimes I'll slow down a bit, kick it down a gear and give them a bit of noise, obviously don't do this that much but it's fun every now and then.

2. Haven't had that happen yet haha unless it's a kid, but yeah I wave back to kids

3. Probably wanted to race, I ignore these. If it's a nice car (another exotic) I'll wind down the window and have a chat

4. Could've been laughing at his mate, I've made people jump by accelerating past them in sport mode when they didn't know I was coming

5. If people ask I say take as many photos as you want. I'm worried it will cause an accident one day haha, the amount of people I've seen driving pull out their phone is outrageous

6. Drive like you're riding a motorbike, leave a clear exit in case someone merges on you, don't accelerate hard unless you have a backup option if someone merges on you or something unforeseen happens. Drive like people can't see you. The good thing is if you're ever in a situation you don't want to be in just give it a squirt.

7. I live in SF and sometimes find myself driving through the Tenderloin, haven't had any negative reactions...homeless people sometimes shout out compliments from the side of the street. CA is a nice area though, but by no means would I ever leave my baby parked on the street in an area like that haha.

I would agree with vasc0 as well.

1 the motor cycle rev is a way of acknowledging a nice ride be it another bike or a sweet ride such as ours. To rev quickly pull back on bothe paddle shifters at the same time (this drops you into neutral) give a quick rev or two then a quick pull on the upshift paddle puts you back into 1st gear.

2 not a big waver ( unless it's a kid or a pretty girl) I usually just give a nod as to say "ya I know right" lol

3 unless you're into street racing I'd avoid any stoplight challenges. You would probably beat 95% of all challengers so for the most part I ignore or tell them to get a nicer car and come find me. Lambo Etiquette

4 there are some weird people in the world is all I have for that one.

5. This one is tough. In a most of the areas you'll drive 99% of the people have never seen a Lamborghini never mind one as nice as ours. I usually tell anyone who asks if they can take a pic that if they plan to post them online please white out my license plate (you would be amazed at how much info a potential thief can get from a license plate.
    Moving pics are a problem. Had mine for two weeks when two young men pulled up alongside. Both the driver and the passenger had their phones out the drivers window to take pics. They failed to see the car in front of them slow down to turn into a parking lot and ear ended her pretty good. I call 911 and spent the next 45 minutes with them and the first responders. I've had several close calls as well.

6 I would say keep your head on a swivel.

6 there are always going to be haters if you're a Chevy driver the ford guys don't like you and vice versa imports vversus domesticbthere's really nothing hyou canbdo about the haters just try to avoid being surrounded by them.

And above all else!! drive it!! enjoy it!! You deserve it! I hate to see cars (that aren't million dollar one of one) sitting around so you don't put too many miles on it. Just my opinion.

Joe

Just don't pick your nose because everyone is watching!