Huracan vs Aventador Review (An Owners Perspective)

Huracan vs Aventador Review (An Owners Perspective)
    Hello everyone.

I don't normally write reviews on anything i buy. But here is one i thought i'd share, as i couldn't find many of these post upon my search for an Aventador!.

This is my review from owning a Huracan to buying an Aventador. (Those who dont want to read, see my quick verdict below)

So, in September 2015, i currently owned R8 GT Spyder. Like we all do, we get bored after owning a car over 1 year right?... So the search was on for something new for me to try. Looked at a 458 or Huracan. So i test drove a 458 first - didnt like it. Steering felt very light upon acceleration - didnt feel as glued to the road as an AWD R8. The interior also felt empty... but the noise was pretty epic. I was left a little 50/50....Then i stumbled across a white Huracan in the show room (see picture) - i fell in love. The styling was another level, it looked astonishing.. the front especially (although i do think the wheel arch gap in the Huracan is too big - needs lowering). The interior - wow. All next level stuff, lovely layout, digital display, spaceship steering wheel and centre dashboard... and a big jetfighter missile starter button. Took it for a test drive.. wow - the dual clutch, noise, pops, speed ...i was sold.. bought it..

So i kept the Huracan 18 months. Although it was so damned fast, i could never drive it the speed it could achieve. I live in the UK - a small country, almost no straight roads, lots of traffic, speed cameras and tight roads. It was amazing and quick to drive. But then whilst owning the Huracan... after the first 6 months... of course you start to look at other things... like the Aventador... and you feel like you havent quite got the BEST Lamborghini there is. So, every weekend, i'd find myself Youtub'ing Aventadors... Noise, styling, V12, scissor doors.... ooof!... £250k ouch !!.. So whats the reviews on the Aventador to drive? Well, im sure like most of your have read - people say they aren't good to drive, the ISR single clutch transmission is clunky and the Aventador is heavier and not as nimble. So i came to the thought, if i bought an Aventador - it would be a step backwards... So it was Hmmm... and no keep the Huracan, Aventador is silly.

After a few months. I decided to head down to Bristol Lamborghini and view an Aventador Roadster. I thought, if i'm to buy an Aventador, its got to be the Roadster version - top off and a V12 howl. So i went down and took it for a test drive. When i saw it, it blew the Huracan away... much bigger, styling, well put it this way... nothing on the market beats a Aventador in styling. All anglular and hexagon shapes. Something that i think would never look old. Opened the doors... wow... this feels like a bees'nees Lamborghini... Once your sat in... Interior is amazing (not as good as the Huracan) but still very impressive. Visability? a lot less... Media system? Average - but acceptable. So it took drive... yes it feels like a big... and the gearbox is very different BUT - the experience was mind blowing... the V12.. noise... feel factor was up a notch.

So yes - i bought it... in the first week of owning it... i have to admit, i felt a little disappointing. However, after 10 days, i became to love it more and more.

1) The Gearbox - i actually found i enjoyed a little more than the Dual clutch in the Huracan. You might find that odd, but actually, the ISR single clutch, gives it more character... the Dual clutch in the Huracan was just like 1 long gear...so easy... so effortless... and sometimes a bit boring!... but the Aventador ISR makes you drive it differently in different situations, for example, when driving normally, you learn to change gear after slowing your acceleration, which gives a softer change.... on a more engaging to drive, it gives flavour, you get a head bobble. Corsa mode - WOW every so often, i give this a blast, what a feeling that is... like Lamborghini should be! Violet and Agressive.. 8300 RPM - 2nd gear... WHAM! .. 3rd gear (massive smiles).

2) From Stop to Moving. I love the way the Aventador clutch doesn't kick in immediately when setting off... it revs higher and purrs whilst beginning to move.

3) Heavier - I actually like the fact the Aventador is heavier, it actually makes it smoother on the road. A bit like when your car is empty on fuel, your car feels nimbler on the road, but also feels more crashy.. you feel the bumps more.... but the Aventador being heavier, makes it absorb the road imperfections very well.

4) To Drive - i admit the Huracan is a better drivers car... but the most important question to ask.. when you drive your Huracan, do you drive it to its ability all the time? Do you push it to its limits all the time?... The answer its no. Like me, you take it out every so often, preferably weekends and go for a nice drive.. or perhaps you go to the local shop... or Starbucks... and a few cheeky boots of acceleration. Which brings the question to the Aventador, even though its not as good to drive... it actually is better experience because, i never actually drove the Huracan to its best ability all the time... so the Aventador, a small cruise and a blast.. actually is a better drive (if that makes sense) because - V12 screaming noise and the roof off, chirpier gearbox has more character. My opinion, feel factor of Aventador - beats the overall drive-ability of the Huracan.

For a quick review;

Aventador

Pro's (over Huracan)

- Styling - every angle you look at it, its perfect!
    - V12 - nothing beats it, it screams, howls, spits flames
    - Heavier, actually being it feels more comfortable on the road (bit like when you filled your car up with fuel, you notice its softer on the road)
    - Scissor doors - what a Lamborghini should be like! Mad!
    - Engine idle - beautiful purr
    - Bigger and wider - looks astonishing.
    - Feel factor, attention, experience

Huracan

Pro's (over Aventador)

- Overall better gearbox
    - Drive-ability - better
    - Launch control - WOW on the Huracan
    - Better interior - modern display and media system.
    - Easier to drive.

Final Verdict... Which one do i prefer... the Aventador... If i could have 1? Yes the Aventador....

However, I do miss the Huracan... i wish i could have both... but i can't.

My review is just advice from my personal experience. If you disagree, thats fine. Its called personal preference.

Rich

Huracan vs Aventador Review (An Owners Perspective)-12190009_10156187236440387_9181434401075772402_n-jpgHuracan vs Aventador Review (An Owners Perspective)-img_2963-jpg

Nice Information....

I occasionally think of buying a Aventador,however I do think it is dated in many ways compared to the Huracan.I really,really like my Huracan and will keep it.However,I will give the Aventador S a look when they show up at the dealers...

Great write up. Thanks for sharing!

Cool write-up! I have driven both and do wish the Huracan has the scissor doors

Look wise nothing beats the Aventador but for reliability and driving around town, the Huracan is enough for me. I think in a year may try a Performante Spyder.

P.S. Love your Aventador, that color is so classy and sexy at same time. Most of the time you see these cars only in bright colors but love you color! Congrats in good health
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Great ownership perspective. Lot of truth regarding cruising around and how much of the car is actually being used to it's capabilities. For a weekend driver in nice weather where it's an occasion to take out, I too think the Aventador is a cool fit and brings way more drama over the 610. Now the Performante may give the A a run for its money as a weekender.

Spot on! Great write up. Congrats

Thank you so much for sharing. The more I started to read your article, the more I felt we were twins. I also recently bought my first Lamborghini, white Huracan. For the past year I have been thinking about the Aventador but the price kept me away. Your article has seriously made me think twice. There is a company down the street (USA, California) that coverts Huracan doors to scissor doors... Really like the Aventadors scissor doors!!! Thanks again!!!