Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

My Orange LP610-4 Huracan <B U I L D> - EuroBoutique CF Wheel, MORPH, Race Exhaust!

My Orange LP610-4 Huracan &lt;B U I L D&gt;  - EuroBoutique CF Wheel,  MORPH, Race Exhaust!
    Not new to modding cars or the car world in general but figured this is a good way to document my build as we are preparing the car for WekFest 2017 and many other big shows!

Seems like in this exotic modding world, there are plenty of show cars out there modded with what seems like a blank checkbook, but few actually document the process. I wanted to document this build since I think many other Huracan owners will find this helpful in their quest to work on their own cars. I like to tinker with my cars and do my own work when possible. If you guys have questions I'd be more than happy to help if I can.

Coming from a background of a few V10 6-speed R8's, I wasn't sure I could live with paddles on a weekend toy so going to give this a try. My last e90 m3 that was a paddle shift car lasted barely a year and I had to ditch her. As you can tell I'm truly a 6-speed three pedal car type of car for my fun weekend toys. Besides the family SUV, every car I have is a manual gearbox till this car.

When shopping cars, I almost went to the dark side (McLaren) but decided to give Lambo a try since I'm a big fan of Audi in general.

Before we start, I wanted to give a big shout out to some partners:

EuroBoutique, LLC (EuroBoutique.us)
    (these guys build pretty much any interior CF trim pieces you want including their masterpiece CF flat bottom steering wheel)

Carbon Fiber OEM steering wheel with black Alcantara, Orange Contrast stitching, Orange stripe
    Carbon Fiber Interior dash trim
    Carbon Fiber Vent Surrounds
    Carbon Fiber door sills

MAD ~ Morph Auto Design (www.morphautodesign)
    (read about their Huracan Hydra program here: HYDRA — Morph Auto Design)

Dry Carbon Dual Level Trunk Spoiler
    Dry Carbon Front Splitters
    Dry Carbon Side Skirts
    Dray Carbon Rear Diffuser (TBA)

Custom Vinyl work done by SFG Wraps in Norcal, read up on them here
    (*They did all the custom vinyl work which dramatically changed the look of the car, very high attention to detail)

SFG wraps - Home | Facebook

In the works is custom stereo upgrades, upgrading the wheels and possibility a UGR turbo kit!

The car is going to get the full Novitec cup kit suspension with the new wheels which is still TBA but first up on the agenda was to give this Bull a bit more menacing roar. After looking at many of the exhaust systems out there I decided to go with the OEM Lamborghini "Race" exhaust. It's hard to argue with OEM quality and sound. This valved system really comes alive in Corsa mode as the pops, crackles, burbles with every gear change. It's almost like music to my ears

First a few photos of the car right now in stock form:

Exterior: (Originally I was shopping for Verde Mantis but glad I went Orange instead)

Interior: (really love this 2-tone interior and will carry this theme throughout the build)

Really nice of dealer to drop off some extra gifts for my wife:

Giving her a nice wash before C&C event:

Good spot in a sea of Lambo:

Surrounded on both sides by her big brothers:
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Here's the wing prior to installation - it was looking pretty sexy just sitting there but I'm betting it will look better when installed on the car

Step 1 was to remove all the engine CF covers to gain access to the upper bolts for the stock rear wing.

Step 2 we removed the rear metal grill which is all one piece held by Torx T25 bolts hidden inside the grill. It's worth noting this entire piece is one assembly and made of aluminum:

Step 3 there are 4 hidden Torx screws that secure the underside of the spoiler to the car, these are accessible after the metal grill is removed:

Step 4 after removing all 8 Torx screws, your rear spoiler section will now slide out, be careful not to pull too hard as there are 3 plugs you have to remove (Radio, GPS and 3rd brake light)

Step 5: you can see all the parts removed from the OEM piece and ready to be transferred to the carbon fiber piece

Step 6: side by side so you can see the carbon piece replacement with wing already attached and the stock piece:

Was getting late so didn't have time to take more photos but will post up some installed photos by this weekend!
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Reserved #2 for CF side skirts
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Reserved #3 for CF Front splitters
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

This would be a good time to remove the Lamborghini lettering if you plan to paint it gloss black and add it to the new panel.
    BTW how is it fastened.

Gorgeous car!
    Definitely digging the wing.
    And that Arancio Borealis is hands down our favorite color.

When you're ready for more power; We've got you covered!

ABOUT VF-Engineering:
    VF-Engineering, Inc. uses state of the art processes to design, create, test and manufacture one of the highest quality supercharger kits on the market. The VF-Engineering facility is Located in the heart of Southern California. All our products are created and tested in house to ensure optimal gains and ensure factory like driveability and reliability.
    Proudly Made in the USA.

P: 714-528-0066
    E: sales@vf-engineering.com
    http://www.VFE1.com

subscribed!

Happy Monday!

We are test fitting the front pieces but not installing them till after the custom vinyl work is done:

2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Car looks great so far, those front pieces will really set it off.
    LP640

A quick update - the car is going in this weekend for custom vinyl work and then we can finally install the rest of the Dry Carbon CF body kit. Only the wing is on the car now.

Over Mother's day we decided to do a quick photoshoot of the car in it's original color with some other toys, enjoy! It was cool to see how each of these cars differ so much in terms of body width, style and design from mid 90's till now.

Love this shot - JDM vs. Euro:
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3