Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    My Orange LP610-4 Huracan <B U I L D>  - EuroBoutique CF Wheel,  MORPH, Race Exhaust!
    Beautiful taste on the Carbon Aero pieces.

I think the wheels need to be upgraded to match...

The HRE P101's come to mind

www.WheelsBoutique.com || 786 249 0127 ext. 2109 || David@WheelsBoutique.com
    YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/WheelsBoutique

Largest HRE Dealer In The World / Largest ANRKY Dealer / Vorsteiner's Largest Dealer / BBS Premium Dealer / 1016 Industries / VF Engineering / DME Tuning / Rotiform / Akrapovic / iPE / Novitec / Brabus / AC Schnitzer / Mansory / Brembo / RENNTech / Weistec / Tubi / Hamman / KW / H&R and tons more.

As if the Orange is not bright enough, I think my Daily Driver is quite subtle

*Wife says we are just missing a green car now....

2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Was visting the local Mac dealer to test drive the new 720s and I dare to say it really makes the Huracan feel slow in acceleration.

Parked in the back next to this orange 570s, ~ cool photo op:

For those interested, here's a review I posted about my driving impressions on the 720s:

So.......it was a perfect evening as I finally had some time to really drive the 720s pretty hard and my strongest impression is WOW ������ this sucker really feels like my NSX in terms of the driving position!!!! Sitting in the cockpit you feel like a jet pilot. Perfect visibility and very little hood overhang so very easy to negotiate traffic. I’m in sport mode and track suspension which is like a scalpel. This is my first time really driving this car and everything feels natural and comfortable driving in traffic because there are no blind spots with all the rear glass panels. Everything is intuitive without any oddities such as the turn signal stalk or paddles. You have that trademark cab-forward position where you literally feel like you are sitting over the front axle. My buddy had two 720s there and we drove the luxury edition. What the car lacks is aural stimulation. This car maybe fast but certainly does not sound as nice as the Lambo V10 roar. You don’t hear the motor or exhaust that much and thus you are doing 150+ in a blink. It’s so fast feels like being in one of those magnetic thrust roller coasters. This is one of the few cars that can match a 1000cc crotch rocket in acceleration. To say this car makes the Huracan feel slow is an understatement. It just blows away the Huracan in speed from 80-150. We ran the car side by side and it was never even close no matter if the Huracan took off first. Buddy tells me the car has 720hp but in reality it’s been dyno’d in the 800 range. Scary fast!

So after all this need to think over what car to pick up next. Of course comparing to a new NSX isn’t fair since there is a substantial price difference: $320k vs $190k but simply stunned McLaren is so far ahead in the performance of this car over Ferrari or Lambo!

There’s been a few posts about the 720s by other nsx members. Everything they say is true, this 720s is exactly what the NC1 NSX should have been. It drives a lot like the old NSX but with roughly 400 extra HP

A few photos, LOVE this color and have good positive vibes for the the 720s now that i've driven one!

2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Quote Originally Posted by s4play View Post
    Was visting the local Mac dealer to test drive the new 720s and I dare to say it really makes the Huracan feel slow in acceleration.

Parked in the back next to this orange 570s, ~ cool photo op:

For those interested, here's a review I posted about my driving impressions on the 720s:

So.......it was a perfect evening as I finally had some time to really drive the 720s pretty hard and my strongest impression is WOW ������ this sucker really feels like my NSX in terms of the driving position!!!! Sitting in the cockpit you feel like a jet pilot. Perfect visibility and very little hood overhang so very easy to negotiate traffic. I’m in sport mode and track suspension which is like a scalpel. This is my first time really driving this car and everything feels natural and comfortable driving in traffic because there are no blind spots with all the rear glass panels. Everything is intuitive without any oddities such as the turn signal stalk or paddles. You have that trademark cab-forward position where you literally feel like you are sitting over the front axle. My buddy had two 720s there and we drove the luxury edition. What the car lacks is aural stimulation. This car maybe fast but certainly does not sound as nice as the Lambo V10 roar. You don’t hear the motor or exhaust that much and thus you are doing 150+ in a blink. It’s so fast feels like being in one of those magnetic thrust roller coasters. This is one of the few cars that can match a 1000cc crotch rocket in acceleration. To say this car makes the Huracan feel slow is an understatement. It just blows away the Huracan in speed from 80-150. We ran the car side by side and it was never even close no matter if the Huracan took off first. Buddy tells me the car has 720hp but in reality it’s been dyno’d in the 800 range. Scary fast!

So after all this need to think over what car to pick up next. Of course comparing to a new NSX isn’t fair since there is a substantial price difference: $320k vs $190k but simply stunned McLaren is so far ahead in the performance of this car over Ferrari or Lambo!

There’s been a few posts about the 720s by other nsx members. Everything they say is true, this 720s is exactly what the NC1 NSX should have been. It drives a lot like the old NSX but with roughly 400 extra HP

A few photos, LOVE this color and have good positive vibes for the the 720s now that i've driven one!

Great review! There is no doubt that the 720S is faster than the Huracan and i also heard myself that the 720S puts down much more HP than advertised. I just hope that McLaren solved some of the reliability issues they had so far.
    To be honest i would opt for a Performante and S/C it over an 720S.

^Thanks!

As awesome and eye-ball popping fast as the 720s was ~ after the drive and I was heading home my car, I could not help but smile at the pops and noises the V10+ Race Exhaust makes. The 720s is super fast, but with that stock exhaust it was pretty weak. The other car had the Sport exhaust so I think if you are going to get the 720s, the Sport exhaust is a MUST HAVE! I cannot imagine anyone spending this kind of money and want such a muted exhaust note.

There is a reason why they call the Lambo angry bulls. The V10 noise it makes is intoxicating, just turns heads and makes the driver smile even when just doing 2nd gear, 30mph on city streets. I love the sound and it's by far the best sounding car, even better than my V10 R8 with Tubi valveless!

I think I would have to agree with you, a Performante with a S/C over the 720s might be the better choice
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

^Thanks!

As awesome and eye-ball popping fast as the 720s was ~ after the drive and I was heading home my car, I could not help but smile at the pops and noises the V10+ Race Exhaust makes. The 720s is super fast, but with that stock exhaust it was pretty weak. The other car had the Sport exhaust so I think if you are going to get the 720s, the Sport exhaust is a MUST HAVE! I cannot imagine anyone spending this kind of money and want such a muted exhaust note.

There is a reason why they call the Lambo angry bulls. The V10 noise it makes is intoxicating, just turns heads and makes the driver smile even when just doing 2nd gear, 30mph on city streets. I love the sound and it's by far the best sounding car, even better than my V10 R8 with Tubi valveless!

I think I would have to agree with you, a Performante with a S/C over the 720s might be the better choice
    Nice write up - I've been thinking of going to Mclaren SF and test driving a 720...sounds like it's worth a try. Although like yourself and Hurricane said, there's just something about the noise of the Huracan that I just can't go past! Not to mention the raw looks, so beautiful. I can't say I'm super impressed by the looks of the 720, especially compared to the work of art that is the P1.

I'm really going to be considering the 720s Spider vs Performante Spyder at the end of the day, so still a while for me to decide!

^Thanks!

Agreed! Or even better get the stock exhaust and go aftermarket

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Agreed! Or even better get the stock exhaust and go aftermarket
    Truly 1st world problems!

I like how McLaren drives, will be honest but have any of you guys considered the Ferrari 458 / 488? That is the other logical competitor and wife wants to try an F-car to see if there is any basis for the hype?

Sound wise, I really like the 458 Speciale over the 488 sound....

Decisions / Decisions....
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

I drove a 458 before I bought my Huracan and was unimpressed all around. I agree the Speciale would be the way to go. I do like the 488, but have not drive one yet.

Quote Originally Posted by lucycan View Post
    I drove a 458 before I bought my Huracan and was unimpressed all around. I agree the Speciale would be the way to go. I do like the 488, but have not drive one yet.

thanks ~ I do agree going from a Huracan to the 458 is like a move backyards....

The speed of the 720 is "intoxicating" to the say least and addictive however I think I will miss the sound of the exhaust note of the Huracan V10 so not sure what we will do.

Wife really likes the new NSX so we are working to add one to the garage stable now. We'll see how that goes and then probably make a decision next year for either a Huracan Performante' Spyder or go to McLaren 720s.

For now, still in love with the Huracan so it will stay
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3