Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Spec'd my Performante today

Spec'd my Performante today
    Great car that I'm truly excited about. Mine will be about as identical as I could make it to my current H, because I love the one I have so much.

Came to $306,790 before guzzler tax and destination charge. Interestingly, I wanted red calipers and the centerlock wheels with red locks. Turns out the configurator won't allow that as the red's are different colors! Really?! Common on Lambo, fix that. Other silly things like I can't have a leather steering wheel instead of Alcantara - annoying. And you can't get Q-Citara (quilted stitching) in the Performante, just some laser engraved pattern that requires Ad Personam and 2 months longer to take delivery. Sheesh.

Pretty happy overall, now just need to seal the deal (and say goodbye to my current H)

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars

Yes this is discussed on the other forum...apparently the reds are quite different on the centerlocks vs the calipers. I agree, kinda silly. What color did you spec the car?
    Congrats!

Sent from my Huracan Perfomante

Same as my current H, Bianco Icarus (metallic white), with Rosso Alala trimmed interior, red calipers. Still debating if I get the Loge wheels with black center caps and then get them repainted to match the calipers (with caliper paint). Right now I've got Mimas in gloss black as my back up option (same as my car now).

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust

Or can you get the red centerlocks and just paint calipers red to match?

Quote Originally Posted by MBG View Post
    Great car that I'm truly excited about. Mine will be about as identical as I could make it to my current H, because I love the one I have so much.

Came to $306,790 before guzzler tax and destination charge. Interestingly, I wanted red calipers and the centerlock wheels with red locks. Turns out the configurator won't allow that as the red's are different colors! Really?! Common on Lambo, fix that. Other silly things like I can't have a leather steering wheel instead of Alcantara - annoying. And you can't get Q-Citara (quilted stitching) in the Performante, just some laser engraved pattern that requires Ad Personam and 2 months longer to take delivery. Sheesh.

Pretty happy overall, now just need to seal the deal (and say goodbye to my current H)

MBG
    Here, you can get leather steering wheel..

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    Or can you get the red centerlocks and just paint calipers red to match?

I figure painting centerlocks is a lot cheaper, and I'm a frugal guy....
    Stay in school kids!

Quote Originally Posted by Auglm1 View Post
    Here, you can get leather steering wheel..
    Yeah, the literature in the US say you can also but the dealer was not able to get it into the US configurator. Not sure why. I will bug them again since you said it can be done in HK.
    Stay in school kids!

Quote Originally Posted by plastique999 View Post
    Yes this is discussed on the other forum...apparently the reds are quite different on the centerlocks vs the calipers. I agree, kinda silly. What color did you spec the car?
    Congrats!

Yes. The colors are different. Don't do it.

I figure painting centerlocks is a lot cheaper, and I'm a frugal guy....
    The centerlock is anodized so you can't paint this or you will cease the lock. Would not be good.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctaM3 View Post
    The centerlock is anodized so you can't paint this or you will cease the lock. Would not be good.
    Drat. Thanks Doc. Well so much for that idea.

Guess I either keep it in black or change the caliper color.

MBG
    Stay in school kids!

Drat. Thanks Doc. Well so much for that idea.

Guess I either keep it in black or change the caliper color.

MBG
    Just paint calipers....aftermarket should be around $600 or so....