Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Clever Tech on the Huracan Performante LP640-4
    Quote Originally Posted by Auglm1 View Post
    wow..18 months..that's forever...hopefully i'll see mine soon with a supposingly july build date..
    Absolutely, if your deposit was in last year and your were offered first/second build slot by your dealer I think your good for a late Summer/early Fall delivery. Plastique999 has the earliest ETA that I've heard in the US, he's hopefully getting one of the very first US customer deliveries. The 18 month comment was regarding someone walking into a dealership today inquiring about getting a Performante. Some dealers are more than 20-25 deposits deep for the car. Those at the tale end of those lists have quite a long wait. If they've got deep pockets, those who don't want to wait will go after those dealer demos or purchase at a premium from those early customers willing to sell.

I agree. This car will be built in limited numbers. It is not a numbered car but it was mentioned to be that you should not expect more than a couple hundred cars produced each year for the first 2 years at least. No doubt they will not be super easy to come by at first but like all things, something new will come along and that might soften the market at bit. But expect this to be a hard to acquire car (maybe with some premium on the secondary market) out of the gate this Summer.

Quote Originally Posted by D11 View Post
    While not a specific number limited car, they will build FAR LESS inventory cars than 610's. Supposedly, each of the 30 US dealers will get a demo car in which Lamborghini is building three different specs of ten cars and randomly supplying to each US dealership that cannot be sold for six months. Then all customer orders begin with the slots quite limited. I was told that a customer wanting a Performante today who is ready to put down a deposit is being told to realistically expect there car no sooner than 18 months from now. My dealers third slot is at best first quarter 2018. They have no reason to not be brutally honest with me since I have their first slot, but I'm sure there are dealers who would overpromise a delivery date with a very ambitious unlikely ETA to secure a sale.

Clever Tech on the Huracan Performante LP640-4

Quote Originally Posted by D11 View Post
    Absolutely, if your deposit was in last year and your were offered first/second build slot by your dealer I think your good for a late Summer/early Fall delivery. Plastique999 has the earliest ETA that I've heard in the US, he's hopefully getting one of the very first US customer deliveries. The 18 month comment was regarding someone walking into a dealership today inquiring about getting a Performante. Some dealers are more than 20-25 deposits deep for the car. Those at the tale end of those lists have quite a long wait. If they've got deep pockets, those who don't want to wait will go after those dealer demos or purchase at a premium from those early customers willing to sell.
    I was told by my dealer there is a delay with the Performante....we were supposed to have a demo track day early summer around May but now it will be pushed to July.
    I started freaking out about delivery of my car in August for Pebble Beach but he assured me mine was ok.....you never know, we shall see.

Sent from my Huracan Perfomante

Oh!!! But i think deliveries should be fine? At least they're gonna send out some cars before their holidays...fingers crossed....

I'm assuming 6 months minimum to get the car.
    Stay in school kids!

2012 McLaren MP4-12C, Standard Blue, color matched HRE S204's
    2018 Lamborghini Huracan Performante 640-4, "Orion Nebula", FI Exhaust #001, custom calipers, plenums, etc.
    Previous: 2015 Lamborghini Huracan 610-4, Bianco Icarus / Nero Ade / Rosso Alala, FI Exhaust
    2016 Infiniti QX80, a.k.a. "Tankamus" - will run over the McL or Lambo

Instagram: MBGCars