Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?

BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?
    Has anyone installed BMC air filters on their huracan? I've heard there are fitment issues.

Or any aftermarket intake systems?

Why would you consider it?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Why would you consider it?
    Have you had a look at the stock filter yet ?
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by Venzz1028 View Post
    Has anyone installed BMC air filters on their huracan? I've heard there are fitment issues.

Or any aftermarket intake systems?
    K&N filters don't fit properly, supposedly BMC were properly designed for the Huracan.

As far as aftermarket intakes, I make a smooth tube intake that picks up 13 wheel horsepower on 91 octane.

LP640

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Have you had a look at the stock filter yet ?
    Yes. What's your point?

Once I tinkered with K&N filters on my MB CL600. Total disaster.

Again, you think Lambo is trying to deliberately mess with your engine by putting bad filters?
    Get real.

why can a set of different intake boxes generate more HP?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Yes. What's your point?

Once I tinkered with K&N filters on my MB CL600. Total disaster.

Again, you think Lambo is trying to deliberately mess with your engine by putting bad filters?
    Get real.
    The stock air filters have been choosen to silence the intake noise. It has nothing to do with bad filters at all (Audi filters), they work very well and do their job for sure. Other filters flow more with the same filtration, but you'll also get more intake noise.

Yes, a lot people have problems with free flowing air filters like you had. The main issue with these filters is over-oiling. 7 out of 10 that do the maintenance by themselfes do it wrong. I had several MB, BMW and other cars in the shop that had clogged up air flow sensors. On turbo engines I even found oily compressor wheels due to this. This is why one has to be careful when cleaning reoiling the filters. We even let them dry for a few days when taking out of the sealed plastic bag to prevent oiling.

We installed several BMC to 5.0 and 5.2L Gallardos without problems. The 5.0 filters have some issues with the silicone seals and one have to be careful that they seat properly. The BMC für the H look good so far. We have a kit ready for my own Spyder that comes in in a week. We'll see if they work well.

Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    As far as aftermarket intakes, I make a smooth tube intake that picks up 13 wheel horsepower on 91 octane.
    Mayby a little bit too optimistic The throttle body is the bigger restriction than the connection tubes. It may help very little power-wise what is just within dyno variances.

Mayby a little bit too optimistic The throttle body is the bigger restriction than the connection tubes. It may help very little power-wise what is just within dyno variances.
    ... or real life. Same car, intakes swapped while car was strapped down to the dyno.

LP640

The stock air filters have been choosen to silence the intake noise. It has nothing to do with bad filters at all (Audi filters), they work very well and do their job for sure. Other filters flow more with the same filtration, but you'll also get more intake noise.

Yes, a lot people have problems with free flowing air filters like you had. The main issue with these filters is over-oiling. 7 out of 10 that do the maintenance by themselfes do it wrong.
    I agree with all of this.
    LP640