Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?
    Quote Originally Posted by white out View Post
    They are as accurate as a dyno comparison can be. If you notice the power numbers (low 400's), it's on a heartbreaker dyno, so if we used a higher reading dyno the gains would be higher. All clients that I speak with about the intake, including my neighbor attest to the the power gains, increased throttle response and engine inlet noise. While it's hard for some to believe that this little change in the intake can create such a difference, it is a proven method on many platforms.

Also, the fastest n/a Huracan standing 1/2 mile car is running the intake.
    Like I said in my previous post, one needs to install, compare, then voice out his opinion (positive, or negative).

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    Is it difficult to do the install?
    Not at all. 10-15 minutes each.

Bought BMC filters, installed them (easy fitted perfectly), drove the car for an hour. No additional intake noise (like a whistle or so), but also my butt did not notice any more power.

It's getting much colder outside and the air is more dense than in summer so the engine produce a little more power anyways. Maybe together with some silicone intake piping but even then I doubt one can really notice 10 hp more in the top end. It would be different with a tune that adds more torque in the low/mid end.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Did you do the battery disconnect and idle for 20 mins after install? this is in response to the previous post...

Did you do the battery disconnect and idle for 20 mins after install? this is in response to the previous post...
    No I did not as this would reset the fuel trims and recalibrates the throttle body sensors.

Letting it idle for 20 min will set the short time fuel trim (after each 15 mins). Since the filters do nothing in the low rpm (or even at idle) for flow it is better to drive the car and let it learn/adjust all fuel trims. Or is it different on the H engines ?

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    No I did not as this would reset the fuel trims and recalibrates the throttle body sensors.

Letting it idle for 20 min will set the short time fuel trim (after each 15 mins). Since the filters do nothing in the low rpm (or even at idle) for flow it is better to drive the car and let it learn/adjust all fuel trims. Or is it different on the H engines ?
    I believe you are correct as stated by BMC in response to an email I sent to them but I have seen other posts that suggest doing this to get more throttle response. I believe it also depends on the driving mode.

Well, the procedure will not do anything wrong so I can follow this tomorrow. Although driving the car for an hour is needed to relearn the fuel trims.

I am having a hard time wrapping my head around some of these numbers..

So this means that the LP610-4 would achieve:

Smooth tubes: 10 whp
    BMC filters: 10 whp
    Exhuast: 20 whp
    Tune: 20 whp

An additional 60 whp over stock for a lightly bolt on Huracan??? That should yield over 5mph in the 1/4 and probably around .5 secs in ET. Hard to believe....

Having the BMC filters and smooth tubes installed Wednesday...guess I'll see if it makes any difference

Having the BMC filters and smooth tubes installed Wednesday...guess I'll see if it makes any difference
    Where did you buy the smooth tubes?

Btw give us an update after ur installation.

Thanks