Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?
    Thanks for the dyno sheets. Did you only swap the connection tubes or the filters as well ? What was the third run ? And after the first run how much was the heat soaked in the intake boxes ? Sorry for the many questions but I will not have the Spyder on a dyno the next weeks.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Back in the day,I added smooth tubes to my V 10 Viper and it picked up 10 hp also with just the tubes.A you going to sell these tubes for the Huracan???

I bought the intakes from white out. I'm not sure if my body can match dyno's numbers exactly, but the power gain is rather noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    I bought the intakes from white out. I'm not sure if my body can match dyno's numbers exactly, but the power gain is rather noticeable.

Even IF the gains are accurate as reported on the dyno, doubt you could "notice" 3%.

Yes. What's your point?

Once I tinkered with K&N filters on my MB CL600. Total disaster.

Again, you think Lambo is trying to deliberately mess with your engine by putting bad filters?
    Get real.
    LMFAO this guy is always in a great fucking mood BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?BMC Air Filters? or any aftermarket intake system?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Thanks for the dyno sheets. Did you only swap the connection tubes or the filters as well ? What was the third run ? And after the first run how much was the heat soaked in the intake boxes ? Sorry for the many questions but I will not have the Spyder on a dyno the next weeks.
    Only the tubes. Stock filters for both runs.
    Third run was a heat soaked run on the intake to compare to the heat soak run of the stock intake. The 4 ply silicone resists heat more than the stock rubber hoses, so we were comparing how much of a drop. Silicone only dropped a few whp where rubber dropped over 10whp. But this was useless info as most cars are driving and the heat soak in real world driving would be minimal for both hoses.
    I welcome all questions.

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Back in the day,I added smooth tubes to my V 10 Viper and it picked up 10 hp also with just the tubes.A you going to sell these tubes for the Huracan???
    I've owned three Vipers (daily drive a Gen2 GTS) and that's what promoted the idea for this. The Huracan's gains were more than what I was expecting as I assumed it would be similar to the Viper. As a result of the Huracan's success, I am in the process of making a set for the Murcielago (it has an awful intake design) because I want some gains for my own car. lol
    If you're interested in the intake for the Huracan, PM me.

The intake looks great on your car, thank you for posting up your experience.

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    Even IF the gains are accurate as reported on the dyno, doubt you could "notice" 3%.
    They are as accurate as a dyno comparison can be. If you notice the power numbers (low 400's), it's on a heartbreaker dyno, so if we used a higher reading dyno the gains would be higher. All clients that I speak with about the intake, including my neighbor attest to the the power gains, increased throttle response and engine inlet noise. While it's hard for some to believe that this little change in the intake can create such a difference, it is a proven method on many platforms.

Also, the fastest n/a Huracan standing 1/2 mile car is running the intake.
    LP640

Therefore you should see even more gain with BMC filters and the silicone tubes. Or why haven't you changed them as well ? Tthe stock "foam" ones may be more restrictive due to the noise damping compared to the BMC (or others I don't know of).
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Therefore you should see even more gain with BMC filters and the silicone tubes. Or why haven't you changed them as well ? Tthe stock "foam" ones may be more restrictive due to the noise damping compared to the BMC (or others I don't know of).
    I have K&N on my cars (LP640 & Viper).

R8 V10 are responding well to filters, Huracan should be the same:
    Amazing... Filters
    LP640

Is it difficult to do the install?

Quote Originally Posted by cactus View Post
    You might be right about the placebo effect. Or, you might be wrong.
    Buy it, install it, compare and report back with your findings