Diminished Value Claim

Diminished Value Claim
    Yesterday had someone try to parallel park behind my car and ran short causing damage to the driver rear quarter panel. The guy has USAA insurance, as do I. So far from what I've read trying to get a diminished value claim settled through USAA is quite difficult. I was wondering if anyone else has had to file a DV claim and if so were you successful?

What does a diminished value claim get you? a check from them for resale value loss plus the cost of repair ? The huracan is going to drop a tonne in resale value next year this time so get as much as you can.
    Lamborghini Huracan LP610-4
    Bentley GT Mulliner
    BMW 750li
    BMW E39
    Acura 1.6EL

Quote Originally Posted by Navydoc View Post
    Yesterday had someone try to parallel park behind my car and ran short causing damage to the driver rear quarter panel. The guy has USAA insurance, as do I. So far from what I've read trying to get a diminished value claim settled through USAA is quite difficult. I was wondering if anyone else has had to file a DV claim and if so were you successful?
    You have a valid diminution in value claim. As an attorney I have pursued many of those type of claims even on ordinary type Cars. Be aggressive and let the adjuster know upfront that you intend to pursue it. Get a statement from a friendly Lamborghini dealership advising that the car has been reduced in value because of the accident and have them state a sum certain. If they refuse to provide a statement regarding your car, ask them to make it a general statement about a similarly situated vehicle.

I thought this claim could only be done/claimed when you sold/traded the car?

Quote Originally Posted by spudstr View Post
    I thought this claim could only be done/claimed when you sold/traded the car?
    Not in Texas. Not sure how that would work anywhere because the car might be sold or traded after the statute of limitations had run.

No, I never filed a claim. In such a case, if a person is not sure about what to do, he should consult a professional. I was looking for lawyers and I found on this website about a lawyer Bechara Tarabay. A professional guidance can sort such issues in an easy way.