Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

new huracan break in procedure and first oil change

new huracan break in procedure and first oil change
    hi, newbie to Lambo and huracan, just got a 580-2 in white...enjoying it...
    Is there any recommended breakin procedure ,etc... do not launch til X miles, keep RPM down til so many miles, etc ?

Also, i'm used to doing first oil change at 1000 miles or so; just to 'get the crap out of newly breaking in engine' ... and I change oil at 50% life showing usually.... what are you guys doing with the new huracan ?

I plan on doing the oil change at home on my lift ... any comments , advice ?

I don't want to start any heated discussions here....it's not that serious of an issue but any comments would be appreciated and read with open mind... ( as long as I don't get replies of only RTFM ..... ).

tnx,

jr

hurancan LP580-2
    Viper T/A
    NSX

Follow the break-in procedure in the owners manual and you will be fine.

There are 8 drain plugs on the Huracan. Two on oil lines to drain oil sump. One on oil cooler on right side in front of real wheel and 5 on the engine.

A lift is a must. Seems like it takes more time taking of the underpanels than it does doing the oil change.

Here are some pics of the drain plugs from a LP Gallardo that I found in another thread. They are the same as the Huracan. Do not have pics of the oil lines coming and going from the oil sump. They are under the oil sump on the drivers side above the starter where plug 6 is labeled.

I did my first oil change at 3500 miles. Had an oil analysis performed at that time and it needed to be done. I used Castrol Edge Professional LL03 5w-30 which is the original factory fluid. Next time I think I will try the Total INEO Long Life 5W-30. What ever oil you use make sure it meets VW spec 504.00

Congrats on the new car and post pics!

Kevin

new huracan break in procedure and first oil change-1_2_3_4-jpgnew huracan break in procedure and first oil change-5-jpgnew huracan break in procedure and first oil change-6-jpgnew huracan break in procedure and first oil change-7-jpgnew huracan break in procedure and first oil change-1_2_3-jpg

Amazing post, Kevin! Thanks for your input!

Jr, we need to see your new toy!

awesome info.... maybe there is something for the $800 oil changes. ..

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Amazing post, Kevin! Thanks for your input!

Jr, we need to see your new toy!
    Anytime! We are all supposed to be here to help!

Quote Originally Posted by jjrho View Post
    awesome info.... maybe there is something for the $800 oil changes. ..
    It does take some time. When you get the car up off the ground and start removing panels and realize you are going to have to put them back on when you are done it does make you think about having the dealership do it. However, I don't mind spending some time every now and then under the car and getting to know it a little better. Who knows I may see something early on and be able to fix it or have it fixed before it turns into a bigger problem!

Well so much for my fantasy on doing my second oil change.Had the first one done at the dealer(500).No way am I messing with all those drain plugs and panels .....

Break in period? Good one.

Quote Originally Posted by 15HURACAN1 View Post
    Well so much for my fantasy on doing my second oil change.Had the first one done at the dealer(500).No way am I messing with all those drain plugs and panels .....
    Exactly what I was just about to post LOL!! Forget that...i'd love to save a little cash & get that experience but i'm also no technician & this is doing way to much. I'll just go watch LOL
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

2015 Verde Mantis Huracan LP610 "Kryptonite"
    2014 BMW i8 "The DeathStar"

oil change at home

did any one do a change at home on the H and have some info on whch are the main drain bolts to drain from for 90% or more of the oil to come out ? filter element at the dealer ?
    can we use 0-40 weight M1 esp ?

jim R