Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Owner review of Xpel protection?
    Quote Originally Posted by lp580 View Post
    Good stuff TTbear, really appreciate your input. I've reached out to a local shop here in Vancouver who've done a quite a few exotics including a P1 so I think I'm going to take the plunge and get this done once my car is delivered.

Hey it's DoctaM3! Love your YT channel!
    Thanks... I appreciate the support!

Quote Originally Posted by lowpue View Post
    I have tried various products on my car and have Xpel on my H. Covered on the nose (ahead of A-pillars), the rockers/lower inlet and the hips in front of rear just like my Porsche. You guys are making me think I should do the whole car.
    I know rite! I did the entire front hood & bumper & fender & such..mirrors & roof will be wrapped in satin black 3m soon but now im thinking should I go back & have them do the doors / sides & rear fenders as well now lol?
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

2015 Verde Mantis Huracan LP610 "Kryptonite"
    2014 BMW i8 "The DeathStar"

Quote Originally Posted by lowpue View Post
    I have tried various products on my car and have Xpel on my H. Covered on the nose (ahead of A-pillars), the rockers/lower inlet and the hips in front of rear just like my Porsche. You guys are making me think I should do the whole car.
    I did the entire car. The peace of mind is awesome. Paint is pristine.

Question(s) for the folks with experience. I recently purchased a Huracan with 1,500 miles that has had the entire vehicle covered w/3M clear bra sine new. Every single painted surface of the vehicle is covered. I like the idea, however it is the first car I have owned to be covered this way. I am thrilled that the clear bra protects every painted surface, but there are some areas that need to be addressed. Little edge coming up, dirt under the surface, edge areas, etc. How do folks fix this?

How much does covering an entire car typically cost? Is this something a professional installer/detailer can address? What have others done in this situation?

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyCars View Post
    Question(s) for the folks with experience. I recently purchased a Huracan with 1,500 miles that has had the entire vehicle covered w/3M clear bra sine new. Every single painted surface of the vehicle is covered. I like the idea, however it is the first car I have owned to be covered this way. I am thrilled that the clear bra protects every painted surface, but there are some areas that need to be addressed. Little edge coming up, dirt under the surface, edge areas, etc. How do folks fix this?

How much does covering an entire car typically cost? Is this something a professional installer/detailer can address? What have others done in this situation?
    To cover the entire car I'm sure is pricy maybe 2500 or so I'm guessing. I paid 1500 for my entire front to be covered. They told me it takes 10 days to completely settle & then they will check the car again to fix any edges that may have cured oddly. Also they did it very good to the point you can not see any edges really they go all the way to the end of every panel. They said some installers do not do it that way because they don't know how to get it to not mess up but the issue with that is that you see the lines here & there & it gets dirt under the lines so then they become very visible. In your case I'm not sure how you can get the dirt out. I would say loop up a very pro & detailed clear bra installer that installs all the time & take the car to them they should be able to fix it up for a small fee.
    "Go look at yourself in the mirror & say "I'm going to win, I'm going to do this & no one will stop me...Not even you" #GrindOrDie

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoyCars View Post

To cover the entire car I'm sure is pricy maybe 2500 or so I'm guessing. I paid 1500 for my entire front to be covered. They told me it takes 10 days to completely settle & then they will check the car again to fix any edges that may have cured oddly. Also they did it very good to the point you can not see any edges really they go all the way to the end of every panel. They said some installers do not do it that way because they don't know how to get it to not mess up but the issue with that is that you see the lines here & there & it gets dirt under the lines so then they become very visible. In your case I'm not sure how you can get the dirt out. I would say loop up a very pro & detailed clear bra installer that installs all the time & take the car to them they should be able to fix it up for a small fee.

$2,500 to cover the entire car. That is funny. How about $6,500.

Red mark is correct, it would be around 6k range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----------------
    2015 Huracan LP610-4 with OEM race exhaust
    2014 Novitec Quattroporte GTS
    2015 991 TTS Cab TechArt + Cobb Stage 2(gone)

Really strong film,

I just dropped off my car to my XPel installer, who is also a good friend. He does absolutely amazing work - every edge is wrapped around the panel (so no build-up of wax at the edges).
    After a fairly lengthy discussion about how much I should cover, we opted to cover the whole thing. If I don't like certain areas being covered, I'll just remove them (and also, he is giving me a CRAZY good deal, thankfully).
    I am going to use XPel Ultimate. He also carries Suntek products, but feels that the XPel is superior.
    I am more than a little concerned about not being able to detail the paint as I wish, and will be relying heavily on the self-healing aspect of it (and will strive to be ultra-careful with washing techniques, to avoid swirling/marring the film )

I'll keep everyone posted.

Anima sana in corpore sano