Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Strada vs Sport vs Corsa
    The problem is in stop and goo traffic, the rpms are too high and the downshifting is frankly a bit irritating in auto mode. So I put it on strada which feels like I am driving a caddy. So I end up manually shifting in sport which I rather not do. Strada AUTO mode with sound would be perfect in stop and go traffic in my mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Can you snap a pic please?
    But regardless, what's the big deal to toggle strada/sport switch?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan (5000 mi) DD Sun
    2009 Porsche 911 C4S PDK (26,000 mi) DD Rain
    2007 Porsche GT3 (37,000 mi) Parting out
    2000 Porsche 911 C2 Aero (54,000 mi) Track Car "Bumblebee"
    1995 Porsche 911 Carrera Aero(51,000 mi) Show Car
    1987 Porsche Targa - (90,500) preservation
    1986.5 Porsche 928 - (122,000) preservation
    1967 Porsche 912 - (93,000 mi) project
    2003 Mercedes E320 Sport (69,000 mi) Airport Car
    2010 Mercedes R350 Bluetec (34,000 mi) wife's

I just disconnected and plugged up the vacuum lines on a 2017 Spyder with the standard exhaust. It made a very small difference, especially in the lower (under 3k) rpms. I would guess it maybe brought the sound up a couple decibels to the sport exhaust, if that. So little that I'm questioning now that if I even did it correctly....

I was hoping to save $12,300 (Boston Lambo quote) on the race exhaust, but still might go with it. We just got our first snowfall and massive salt dump of the season, so the party's over, for a while anyway...

Quote Originally Posted by s_c5519 View Post
    I just disconnected and plugged up the vacuum lines on a 2017 Spyder with the standard exhaust. It made a very small difference, especially in the lower (under 3k) rpms. I would guess it maybe brought the sound up a couple decibels to the sport exhaust, if that. So little that I'm questioning now that if I even did it correctly....

I was hoping to save $12,300 (Boston Lambo quote) on the race exhaust, but still might go with it. We just got our first snowfall and massive salt dump of the season, so the party's over, for a while anyway...
    Where exactly is the exhaust solenoid valve located in the Spyder? And what did you change. In fact it's easy as you simply remove the vacuum line from the valve that goes to the exhaust valves and cap-off the solenoid valve outlet. Or remove it at the T where the lines split to left and right. On the G that was extremely easy as the T was accessible behind the rear grille but couldn't find the solenoid valve or the T in the H-Spyder so far.

At cold start the valves are open and later are closing as well as the timing advance changes. Do you say with the valves disconnected the sound gets to the lower level as well it did with the valves still working ?

Same here in Europe, -2°C and she sits under her cover I have the $$Race$$ exhaust on order what was not really planned....but well.
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

Quote Originally Posted by s_c5519 View Post

Yikes that's expensive! Last week I installed Fabspeed Supersport Valved X-Pipe for less than half that. Had my friend who has a shop near Boston Lambo install it and he took better care of car than they would have. Don't let Lambo scare you about losing warranty, we have the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that keeps them from doing that. If you want I could hook you up with him

Glad to get the stock monstrosity off

Quote Originally Posted by TTBear View Post
    In Corsa mode, the car won't shift up by itself at all, so if you reach redline, you will bounce off of the limiter until you initiate an upshift.
    What if you are in corsa thrust mode? Will it automatically shift at redline?

Quote Originally Posted by robby3 View Post
    Where exactly is the exhaust solenoid valve located in the Spyder? And what did you change. In fact it's easy as you simply remove the vacuum line from the valve that goes to the exhaust valves and cap-off the solenoid valve outlet. Or remove it at the T where the lines split to left and right. On the G that was extremely easy as the T was accessible behind the rear grille but couldn't find the solenoid valve or the T in the H-Spyder so far.
    Here are a couple of pics of where it was disconnected from. The rubber vacuum line is circled in the second pic. The actual solenoid is about another foot up from there and can't get to without the bumper being removed. It made very little sound difference, if any. I don't know if there is more than one vacuum line going to the solenoid that needs to be capped.

Strada vs Sport vs Corsa-01-jpgStrada vs Sport vs Corsa-02-jpg

I just swapped the steering wheel for a CF version and noticed my 3 modes are not working? I had to disconnect the battery to remove the airbag. Is there any factory resets we need to do to get those 3 modes working again?

I double checked the black plug was fully plugged in already so it's not a wiring issue.

thanks!
    2004 GPW NSX
    2008 RYP s2000
    2015 LP610 Huracan
    2016 Dakar M3

Good info. I think I will drive in Sport from now on instead of Corsa.
    Volsteiner Supercharged Huracan Spyder

Strada vs Sport vs Corsa

Quote Originally Posted by lowpue View Post
    The problem is in stop and goo traffic, the rpms are too high and the downshifting is frankly a bit irritating in auto mode. So I put it on strada which feels like I am driving a caddy. So I end up manually shifting in sport which I rather not do. Strada AUTO mode with sound would be perfect in stop and go traffic in my mind.
    I have my 580-2 Spyder straight piped so I do have Strada with sound, but I drive in Sport/manual almost all the time.

I don’t like how soft the steering is in Strada auto and I don’t like that you completely lose all the downshift noises, but I can understand how sport/auto downshifts can get irritating for some people, but if you just paddle downshift once you can take care of that problem and it will end up back in auto anyway......like if you are coming to a stop sign for instance and you don’t want a zillion downshift noises in the city.

Cars:

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider
    2017 Lamborghini 580-2 Spyder

Only 2 that I drive.

Is is possible to install Magnetto Suspension if the car was not delivered with it?