Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

STEEL or CERAMICS Brakes on new LP580/2

STEEL or CERAMICS  Brakes on new LP580/2
    Any members speccing new LP580/2 .
    STEEL or CERAMIC Brakes .
    What's your choice .
    Ceramics may be great for track use but at 10K !!
    Your comments would be appreciated .

Its interesting that you ask this, i made a thread couple of days ago about speccing a new LP580.
    My opinion is that an LP580 should have a minimum of options. For brakes i think you should opt ceramics only if you want to track your car, if not choose steel brakes, they are more than enough for street use.

I personally would not consider an H without ceramics. Too much brake dust/clean wheels often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane View Post
    Its interesting that you ask this, i made a thread couple of days ago about speccing a new LP580.
    My opinion is that an LP580 should have a minimum of options. For brakes i think you should opt ceramics only if you want to track your car, if not choose steel brakes, they are more than enough for street use.
    Now i think i could not live without ceramics anymore but i agree that for street use only steel brakes should be enough.
    2015 Verde Mantis Lamborghini Huracan

I was out in the H all day today,man the cars stop on a dime from high speed.Got home and the wheels were as clean as when I left after a 100 miles.Their is your answer...

Men i haved the oem ceramic on the huracan and now changed for the steel because i push hard with my car ald also few track days per year, i can tell you that the steel with the correct pads for the correct use is just from an other world compare to ceramic.
    The carbon brake used on street legal car is big sh.. At my opinion, it is absolutely not the same technology than the carbon used in competition f1 etc...
    The only positive point (and that's the only one) is as say "nice-lambo" the ceramic don't let any powder on the wheel so you always have clean wheels, but that's it.
    my advice is keep the steel brake and add an exhaust with the saved money, it is a better choice ��

Love my ceramic brakes. No comparison to steel. Just my experience.

Quote Originally Posted by nice_lambo View Post
    I personally would not consider an H without ceramics. Too much brake dust/clean wheels often.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Love my ceramic brakes. No comparison to steel. Just my experience.
    +1 on both of these comments

+1 with evilr

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Also I vote for my ceramics. I test drove a 580 in rain and afterwards I had to admit that its brakes were really good, as good as the ceramics. After getting out the car I saw why ... it was a 580 with the 20"Mimas wheels (standard is 19") and CCB options (standard are the "wafe" rotors from the R8). Before I bought my Spyder I went for a testdrive with another 580 that had steel brakes. No stopping problem at all but the CCB felt somehow more immediate, even in rain.

But I agree with those who track the car as you change the rotors/pads anways after each race and dust is not your major concern. I tracked the H with CBB a day in Imola and I really loved how they behaved. Unfortunately the instructors always forced us to do a cool down lap as it was a +30°C day. But I did not feel any need for that
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans