Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blind spot

Blind spot
    Quote Originally Posted by Klauss View Post
    Right from the brake pedal there is a smaller pedal, press it for 5 seconds before changing the lane and you should be safe haha
    This.

I was able to get my mirrors adjusted far enough away from the body to see most things. Except cars that come roaring up when you're not watching and want to either take a picture or race. Uh, no 370Z.
    My 3 VWs

15 Lamborghini LP610-4 (Rosso Mars)
    14 Porsche 911_50
    13 Audi S8

driving yesterday i commented i see more out the vents on wither side of the the hatch glass than than the glass itself!!

Quote Originally Posted by henrryyoung View Post
    That's a good one
    Worked for me. If you can see the side of your car in the side mirror then you have adjusted it incorrectly. On the right side, it is adjusted so that i can see the car in the mirror and as it goes by me, say in heavy traffic and as it disappears from the mirror, the nose of the car is now visible through the passenger side of the window. I can't adjust the mirror on the drivers side to duplicate this effect. So as the car appears in the mirror and disappears as it goes by, there is a considerable distance until it appears in my peripheral vision as i glance left. Probably has to do with the convexity of the passenger mirror as opposed to the driver's side.

Kevin

Car is the perfect candidate for lane change assist, far more useful over cruise control

A few of these did the job for me:
    Amazon.com: Custom Accessories 71173 Chrome 2" Round Adjustable Blind Spot, (Pack of 2): Automotive

Looks better with the Lambo design than the circular ones, and the quality is amazing. Blind spot totally eliminated. I also tinted my main mirrors due to the huge amounts of glare driving at night, so basically I only end up using these little panoramic ones. Works great.

Before this I hated driving the car in traffic in LA. You get very little time to change lanes here and with the massive blind spots I kept bottling out of lane changes. Not any more

Electrochromic mirrors with the convex edge (hi Ferrari) would have fixed both of these problems, but the fix was easy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by mentalmark View Post
    Amazon.com: Custom Accessories 71173 Chrome 2" Round Adjustable Blind Spot, (Pack of 2): Automotive

Looks better with the Lambo design than the circular ones, and the quality is amazing. Blind spot totally eliminated. I also tinted my main mirrors due to the huge amounts of glare driving at night, so basically I only end up using these little panoramic ones. Works great.

Before this I hated driving the car in traffic in LA. You get very little time to change lanes here and with the massive blind spots I kept bottling out of lane changes. Not any more

Electrochromic mirrors with the convex edge (hi Ferrari) would have fixed both of these problems, but the fix was easy enough.
    Thats an easy fix for sure, nicely done

Love it! Such an easy fix.

I'm seriously considering an aftermarket blind spot detection system. The #1 think I don't like about this car is the passenger side blind spot, hands down. Super insecure about it, but so far I have my mirror pretty much turned out all the way to see the blind spot which sucks because you cant see fast approaching cars with side mirror, you have to look in the rear view mirror but of course I dont have the optional glass engine cover so rear visibility is suspect as well.

Not sure if this works on the Coupe, but on the Spyder, rear view mirror. I adjust it so while looking up into the mirror only the upper half of the mirror sees oncoming traffic, the bottom half of the mirror sees the inside back panel of the car. This allows a straight shot of the rear view with the mirror, otherwise it seems the shot I get is pointed too high and I cannot see cars as they approach. Sure hope all this makes sense.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Can you post a picture of your mirrors. Curious how it looks.