Hide Food
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Hide Food

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    519

    Hide Food

    Hide Food
    Hi guys. I was talking with a distant family member who has a descent ferrari collection and he was telling me about how he treats his leather with hide food over night every now and again to keep it tight and soft. Anybody use hide food. Is it worth it?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,156
    I heard this before, it's not something new but i believe that modern detailing products for leather do a better job.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    West Hills, CA
    Posts
    212
    never heard of that either. i usually use a product called leatheriq i believe and it is an oil to massage into the leather. it keeps it super soft and some of the best stuff around. lexol isn't too bad and there are a few products from chemical guys that work well too as a cleaner / conditioner.


    Mitch Sanders
    Famous Autosports
    Service | Maintenance | Performance | Customization | Body and Paint | Audio/Video
    7760 Deering Avenue
    Canoga Park, CA 91304
    (818) 341-2786
    (818) 341-9031 fax
    mitch@famousautosports.com
    www.famousautosports.com

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    519
    My buddy told me it really helps with keeping it soft but also from overly stretching and "wrinkling"
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    3,156
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    My buddy told me it really helps with keeping it soft but also from overly stretching and "wrinkling"
    Do you plan to use it on your cars?




  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    519
    I was thinking about it. Wanted to get more opinions before I go ahead and get some
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Greater Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    I was thinking about it. Wanted to get more opinions before I go ahead and get some
    Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenation Oil work great for Lamborhini seats. $100 for the combo, the oil can be used annually while the cleaner can be used just about any time you want.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDetail View Post
    Leatherique Prestine Clean and Leatherique Rejuvenation Oil work great for Lamborhini seats. $100 for the combo, the oil can be used annually while the cleaner can be used just about any time you want.
    And I just apply it via towel and wipe down my seats basically?
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Greater Chicagoland Area
    Posts
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    And I just apply it via towel and wipe down my seats basically?
    Yes, use Prestine Clean by liberally spraying it directly onto your seats. Using a microfiber cloth, wipe it of and you'll see the dirt start to lift almost immediately. Oiling the seats is a more lengthier process, if you're up to truing a DIY, I can definitely go into detail about it. But if you are hesitant, take your car to a professional that is familiar with Leatherique Oil. The oil works great because it keeps your seats looking rich and prevents fading and cracking.

    Also, to protect the leather, I would suggest layering a hydrophobic coating onto it which would bead any sort of spill right off the seat. Dr Beasleys, CQuartz, and Gyeon all offer products that would protect leather.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    519
    Quote Originally Posted by AestheticDetail View Post
    Yes, use Prestine Clean by liberally spraying it directly onto your seats. Using a microfiber cloth, wipe it of and you'll see the dirt start to lift almost immediately. Oiling the seats is a more lengthier process, if you're up to truing a DIY, I can definitely go into detail about it. But if you are hesitant, take your car to a professional that is familiar with Leatherique Oil. The oil works great because it keeps your seats looking rich and prevents fading and cracking.

    Also, to protect the leather, I would suggest layering a hydrophobic coating onto it which would bead any sort of spill right off the seat. Dr Beasleys, CQuartz, and Gyeon all offer products that would protect leather.
    Have you ever used ceramic pro's products... I've heard things about it but they tried to get me to do a coating for them and they were very persistent but I never ended up doing anything. Is it good or bad, and does it hurt the paint at all
    2015 Lamborghini Huracan LP-610
    2011 Ferrari California (SOLD)
    1954 Corvette

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Hide Food