Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hide Food

Hide Food
    Quote Originally Posted by LP610NJ View Post
    Have you ever used ceramic pro's products... I've heard things about it but they tried to get me to do a coating for them and they were very persistent but I never ended up doing anything. Is it good or bad, and does it hurt the paint at all
    Ceramic Pro is starting to get traction within the Unitee States. They have a very large presence overseas as do other coating systems. I've never personally used Ceramic Pro but it does have similar properties to the ceramic coatings out now including Modesta, CQuartz Finest, Gyeon Quartz etc. Coatings don't hurt the paint. On the contrary they provide depth, gloss, and resistance against swirl marks. My preference lies with Modesta and Gyeon, primarily because these are the two that I offer to my clients.

It is important to understand that if you ever did decide to get a coating done, the entire car should be swirl free. Meaning the car should go under paint correction to bring the paint to near flawless. Biggest benefit to coatings besides the ones mentioned above, would be maintenance. The hydrophobic properties of the coating allow for easy clean up. You can pressure wash pretty much anything off the car because dirt and water slide right off the paint.

I just did a BMW i8 last week coated it with Modesta BC-05. The color not only pops remarkably but it's now highly reflective. Ceramic Pro's 9H coating is supposed to be compete with Modesta BC-05. But as I mentioned my preference is with Modesta.

For glass and ceramic coatings my favorite is ISM from Kamikaze. It is an amazing product, if you are a Detailer I would recommend you look into it.
    Not a fan of Modesto because of its permanent nature, once it is applied it is VERY difficult to remove, likely requiring sanding if applied incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    For glass and ceramic coatings my favorite is ISM from Kamikaze. It is an amazing product, if you are a Detailer I would recommend you look into it.
    Not a fan of Modesto because of its permanent nature, once it is applied it is VERY difficult to remove, likely requiring sanding if applied incorrectly.
    Would you recommend applying Kamikaze over the Xpel for extra deep shine? Xpel is a fantastic product (for protection), but I always feel that the depth, the shine is diminished when Xpel is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    Would you recommend applying Kamikaze over the Xpel for extra deep shine? Xpel is a fantastic product (for protection), but I always feel that the depth, the shine is diminished when Xpel is applied.
    Good question, I have not had it done to any of my vehicles yet since I don't like clear bras. My Huracan came with full from clear bra so I may try it and let you know. Kamikaze bonds with the paint so not sure how it would react with clear bra. I would put kamikaze on first and then the clear bra.

@abedh , i would definately advice to test any of these products before applying them to your clear bra, you can never know what chemical reactions they could create.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Mark View Post
    XPEL is excellent for protection and I highly recommend it because although it may take away (minimally) from the pure shine of the paint, it beats a rock chip any day.

Yes, you can apply coatings over XPEL, they bond similar to the way they bond to paint.
    Aesthetic Detail - Elite Automotive Detailing Services
    Paint Correction | Modesta | Gyeon Quartz | XPEL PPF | Exotic Detailing

osama@aestheticdetail.com
    www.aestheticdetail.com

Quote Originally Posted by abedh View Post
    Good question, I have not had it done to any of my vehicles yet since I don't like clear bras. My Huracan came with full from clear bra so I may try it and let you know. Kamikaze bonds with the paint so not sure how it would react with clear bra. I would put kamikaze on first and then the clear bra.
    You can put coatings on XPEL, I have coated many cars after XPEL was applied. It simply adds to the hydrophobic properties and beads water very nicely.
    Aesthetic Detail - Elite Automotive Detailing Services
    Paint Correction | Modesta | Gyeon Quartz | XPEL PPF | Exotic Detailing

osama@aestheticdetail.com
    www.aestheticdetail.com

I had ceramic pro installed on my gtr and have been happy with the results so far. Had ceramic pro placed after paint correction. Also had ceramic pro placed over the parts that had clear bra as stated. Currently have an H being delivered around the end of March. Planning on correction (if needed), clear bra (suntek), and then ceramic pro before I really drive the car. I have enclosed a video of the gtr that the detailer made.

https://youtu.be/JeBrbA9SSCs