Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

? best product to put on XPEL clear bra

? best product to put on XPEL clear bra
    I have a Huracan 610-4 2016 with a recently applied XPEL clear bra on the entire car (3 months ago)-- what is the best product suggested to keep a nice shine? and perhaps protect the plastic to last longer?
    Thanks in advance, MR

Use a Ceramic coating - something like CQuartz UK or Wolfgang Über Ceramic Coating if you are doing it yourself, CQuartz Finest or Modesta if you are having a professional do it (there are of course several other options, but these are excellent).
    Water will run off the XPel like you would not believe, and the shine a nano coating imparts is phenomenal. They also last longer than any other last step protectant, and will make cleaning much, much easier, as bugs, dirt, etc. will not stick to the surface nearly as easily.

Anima sana in corpore sano

XPEL has it's own product for this but I use Swissvax Lotus Speed sealant or Ultima Paint Protector+. Both work perfectly. To wash I use Swissvax bath or Ulitma Paint Wash (the later is very sleek).
    16'Huracan Spyder - Blu LeMans

thanks guys, good info-- I didnt know XPEL had their own products so I called them looking at their website and for XPEL Ultimate, they recommended Flawless Finish Rinse Free Car Wash for washing the car--- then use Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Cleaner to get the shine back.... they said their products are 'chemically balanced' and kind to the Ultimate-- less likely to yellow--

Same products were recommended in my country too, but not available. They then told me to use a mild, PH neutral shampoo and detailing spray to prevent the yellowing. But on the other hand the current products seem to stay clear way longer than 5 years.

My 17 H Spyder is 100% wrapped with XPel Ultimate. I went with CQuartz Finest on top of XPel and must say I am not happy with CQF as it holds dust in comparison to my 16 Cayenne Turbo S which has no clear bra but coated with Ceramic Pro. The Cayenne can literally go weeks without showing dust whereas after one drive, the H seems to attract dust.

Also, I can take the Cayenne to a handheld car wash, spray off the car and zip on down the road to air dry and have no spots. Can't do that with the H, it leaves spots.

All that being said, I have to wonder if CQF is just inferior to Ceramic Pro. If applying CQF atop XPel has affected its performance. Without the Cayenne being wrapped with XPel and Ceramic Pro applied atop of the wrap, I'm not sure I am giving a good comparison. Looking back I should have just coated the H with CP as well. To do that now would mean the wrap would need to come off and start all over again. That's just too much $$ to throw out the window.
    Instagram: ur55__
    YouTube: UR 55

2017 Huracán Spyder 610-4 / UR 55
    2016 Cayenne Turbo S
    2013 Gallardo Spyder LP 550-2
    2005 GMC Pickup (grin)

Quote Originally Posted by FC Corp View Post
    My 17 H Spyder is 100% wrapped with XPel Ultimate. I went with CQuartz Finest on top of XPel and must say I am not happy with CQF as it holds dust in comparison to my 16 Cayenne Turbo S which has no clear bra but coated with Ceramic Pro. The Cayenne can literally go weeks without showing dust whereas after one drive, the H seems to attract dust.

Also, I can take the Cayenne to a handheld car wash, spray off the car and zip on down the road to air dry and have no spots. Can't do that with the H, it leaves spots.

All that being said, I have to wonder if CQF is just inferior to Ceramic Pro. If applying CQF atop XPel has affected its performance. Without the Cayenne being wrapped with XPel and Ceramic Pro applied atop of the wrap, I'm not sure I am giving a good comparison. Looking back I should have just coated the H with CP as well. To do that now would mean the wrap would need to come off and start all over again. That's just too much $$ to throw out the window.

Why would you have to remove the whole wrap just to replace the CQuartz Finest with Ceramic Pro? Nanocoatings are amazing in terms of their longevity, but ultimately, they are still somewhat of a sacrificial layer. As well, you CAN polish XPel Ultimate, with a light polishing pad and compound (think along the lines of Menzerna 4500, with a soft polishing (as opposed to cutting) pad). A light polish would easily remove the CQuartz Finest, and you could then apply the Ceramic Pro. Alternatively, just live with the CQF, and once it does eventually wear off, then apply the Ceramic Pro.

Anima sana in corpore sano

I have not fully wrapped the H, doors and the whole rear are not. The Swissvax products are allover the car and I cannot see a difference on the panels regarding dust or water drops.

Honestly I'd better invested to wrap the rear fenders as well as I see lot's of stripes of dirt there. I't just a matter of time until rocks leave their marks there. All my other cars have tons of rock chips on the front and hood, so XPEL was a must !

I also made the big mistake not to detail and correct the paint before the XPEL wrap. Ok, with the wrap the color looks deep and absolutely scratchless (it even heals itselfs), bugs and tar are easily to be removed (also thanks to the nano sealant). But I only noticed the condition of the other panels after the wrapping and therefore the paint is only corrected on the other parts.

I hope the XPEL last

so I had someone else do it (Rhino Custom Detailing in Huntington Beach), for $69, they did a wash, dry, applied XPel Flawless Finish Paint Protection Film Cleaner, then some special wax-- couldnt believe the shine ? best product to put on XPEL clear bra-beautiful-detail-jpg

Good to hear TTBear explain that a nanocoat will help protect the film and help it shine. I'm the type of person that loves a shiny paint, and I felt that films hurt that (although they protect from chips). I'm gonna put a Modesta coat on top of my film to get some shine back. I'm also hoping that the nano coat will help the film fight against the yellowing/dirty look it gets in just a few months time. (you'll only see this if you pull it off).
    Volsteiner Supercharged Huracan Spyder